RT and the International Business Times in Australia will cover it, but The New York Times and The Washington Post won’t touch it with a ten foot pole.
Former Proteus Airlines boss Marc Dugain believes the mysterious disappearance of MH370 on March 8, 2014 was the work of the United States military.
The latest statement on the doomed airline flight follows that of Emirates president and CEO Sir Tim Clark who made world headlines in October when he questioned official explanations.
Dugain speculates the flight from Kuala Lumpur International Airport, Malaysia to Beijing Capital International Airport, People's Republic of China was taken out because the U.S. feared a “September 11-style” hijacked aircraft attack on the U.S. naval support and satellite communications base at Diego Garcia in the Indian Ocean. The atoll is currently home to 1700 military personnel and 1500 civilian contractors.
Previous speculation about the U.S. downing the aircraft and killing 12 Malaysian crew members and 227 passengers from 15 nations has been dismissed by the United States government. It insists the aircraft was nowhere near the remote atoll.
Dugain, however, cites the testimony of residents of the Maldives. On March 8, they reported a commercial aircraft heading toward Diego Garcia, but those claims were discounted. In addition, a fisherman on Kudahuvadhoo island told him a “huge plane … with red and blue stripes on a white background” had flown overhead at a low altitude.
Dugain also said he was shown photos “of a strange object that had washed up on a beach of neighboring Baraah island,” according to News.au.com, an Australian website. “According to Dugain, two aviation experts and a military officer believed the object was an empty Boeing fire extinguisher, but the mystery object was subsequently seized by the Maldives military.”
Other theories on the disappearance have been floated, including a claim by the media in China that they had received an open letter claiming to be from the leader of the Chinese Martyrs Brigade, a previously unknown group. The group said it downed the aircraft in response to the Chinese government's response to the knife attacks at Kunming railway station on 1 March 2014 and as part of a wider separatist campaign against Chinese control over Xinjiang province.
The message was received through Hushmail, a PGP-encrypted web-based email service that is virtually impossible to trace. "You kill one of our clan, we will kill 100 of you as pay back,” the message reportedly read.
A CNN poll conducted in May revealed a number of theories on the disappearance.
Nearly 60% believe terrorists were involved, while 52% said mechanical error disabled the aircraft.