- Infowars - http://www.infowars.com -
Amazon Page For Toy Drone Becomes Protest Sounding Board
Posted By steve_watson On January 25, 2013 @ 1:22 pm In Featured Stories,Tile | Comments Disabled
Some Americans don’t want their kids playing ‘rain down death on the brown children’
Jan 25, 2013
An Amazon page featuring a toy model of a Predator Drone aimed at children has been targeted by Americans who simply do not agree that airborne assassination is the best foreign policy approach.
The product in question is Maisto’s miniature RQ-1 Predator Unmanned Aerial Vehicle (UAV). The model is a scale version of the very same drone that has been used extensively by the military and the CIA in Afghanistan, Pakistan, Bosnia, Serbia, Iraq, Somalia and Yemen.
The page has become a sounding board for hundreds of comments, serious, and sarcastic, that highlight how insane it is to glorify a military weapon that has, according to conservative estimates, been responsible for the deaths of over 3000 innocent civilians in the last decade.
Here are some of the “reviews” from the Amazon page:
- “Whether your violating constitutional rights at home, or bombing children abroad, this toy’s perfect for all clandestine missions! Double tap strike to triple your pleasure and casualties!”
- “The coolest detail about this toy are the small body fragments you can litter around your target area following a drone missile strike on a wedding party. THEN (this is where the real fun begins) you circle back in an hour and fire MORE missiles at the people rescuing survivors and mourning the dead! Sure if another country did such a thing we’d decry it as heinous terrorism, but when good Ol’ Uncle Sam’s finger is on the joystick, you can bet that we call what we hit our target, no matter what.”
- “Nothing teaches your kids about the fact that they may one day be the target of an extra-judicious execution by executive order via a flying death robot from the movie Terminator, then this beautiful piece of replica toy war crimes.”
- “I really wanted to show my toddler that it’s okay to murder people and still come out a “hero” as long as you’re in an air conditioned trailer remotely operating a Predator Drone 10,000 miles away in Pakistan.I mean, if the government sanctions murder, it must be ok, right?”
- “… I bought ten of these for my boy because, as he so rightly says, “So many countries, so little time”. He hasn’t played with his Matchbox V2 Buzz Bomb once since he became a “Drone Operator”. It’s given him a real grasp of imperialism, murder of innocents, the art of war and the complex geography of the Middle East. Thank You Maisto, we look forward to your Cluster Bomb, Land Mine and Gas canister multi pack with anticipation hitherto unseen in the world of play.”
Click through to the page itself to read more.
For anyone interested in actually buying this toy, why not consider also purchasing this Super President Barack Obama?
Sit him atop the drone and pull his chain to hear him say “Yes we can”, as you rain down imaginary death from above on foreigners AND American citizens alike.
Make sure you keep it a secret from the rest of the country though. If anyone asks you about it, just say you cannot comment on any form of drone activity, for reasons relating to national security.
Please note, that models of hundreds of innocent dead children are not included with these purchases.
Steve Watson is the London based writer and editor for Alex Jones’ Infowars.com, and Prisonplanet.com. He has a Masters Degree in International Relations from the School of Politics at The University of Nottingham, and a Bachelor Of Arts Degree in Literature and Creative Writing from Nottingham Trent University.
Article printed from Infowars: http://www.infowars.com
URL to article: http://www.infowars.com/amazon-page-for-toy-drone-becomes-protest-sounding-board/
Copyright © 2013 Infowars. All rights reserved.