Montana Latest State to Introduce Anti-NAU Legislation
JBS.org | March 1, 2007
Several sates have introduced resolutions opposing U.S. participation in the North American Union. Montana is the newest legislature to join in on this growing trend.
Follow this link to the source article: "HOUSE JOINT RESOLUTION NO. 25"
The Montana state legislature has introduced a resolution (HCR 25) that opposes the United States entering into the North American Union (NAU). As reported in previous newsfeeds, the NAU would merge the political, economic and security systems of the United States Canada and Mexico. At the same time that President Bush, Congress, and the media are denying that any such agenda is currently underway, several state legislatures are introducing resolutions that say otherwise.
Montana is the most recent state to introduce an anti-NAU resolution. In part, HCR 25 states:
NOW, THEREFORE, BE IT RESOLVED BY THE SENATE AND THE HOUSE OF REPRESENTATIVES OF THE STATE OF MONTANA:
That the Montana Legislature urge the President and the Congress of the United States to withdraw the United States from any further participation in the Security and Prosperity Partnership, any efforts to implement a trinational political, governmental entity among the United States, Canada, and Mexico, or any other efforts used to accomplish any form of a North American Union.
Below is the full list of states who have introduced similar legislation, along with the phone number to the state's legislative office. Concerned readers are encouraged to contact the legislative offices of the states listed below and ask the state Congress to support the North American Union resolution.
Furthermore, contact your own state legislature to encourage your state representatives to introduce and support a similar resolution. Model resolutions and cover letters can be found on the John Birch Society's issue page for the North American Union.
NAU resolutions currently in Congress and state legislatures:
United States Congress
- Congressional Switchboard – (202) 224-3121
- House Concurrent Resolution 40 – introduced in the U.S. House of Representatives by Virgil Goode of Virginia
- Senate Switchboard - (602) 926-3559
- Senate Concurrent Memorial 1002 – introduced by Senator Johnson
- House Switchboard – (573) 751-3659
- Senate Concurrent Resolution 15 – sponsored by Senator Barnitz
- House Switchboard – (406) 444-4800
- House Joint Resolution 25 – introduced by Rep. Rice of Montana
- Legislative Switchboard – (503) 986-1000
- Senate Joint Memorial 5 – sponsored by Senators George, Starr, and Whitsett and Representatives Boquist, Krieger, Nelson and Thatcher
- House Switchboard – (803) 734-2010
- House Concurrent Resolution 3185 – introduced by Rep. Davenport
- Legislative Switchboards – (801) 538-1035 (Senate), (801) 538-1029 (House)
- House Joint Resolution 7 – introduced by Rep. Sandstrom and Senator Fife
- Senate Switchboard – (804) 698-7410
- Senate Joint Resolution 442 – introduced by Senators Lucas and Hawkins
- Legislative Switchboard – (800) 562-6000
- Senate Joint Memorial 8004 – introduced by Senators Stevens, Swecker and Benton
- House Joint Memorial 4018 – introduced by Representatives Roach, Dunn, McCune and Hurst