Michael Schiavo pleads case on CNN
     
         

Amazing Video and Books from Alex Jones

 

Alex Jones' American Dictators -- Order Now and let Your Friends and Family Know the Truth about the Staged Elections


   
     
  Remains of two 9/11 victims identified

Reuters | November 2, 2006

Remains of a flight attendant and passenger on the first plane to hit the World Trade Center on September 11 have been identified.

The New York medical examiner's office said in a statement that it had now identified remains of Karen Ann Martin, the 40-year-old head flight attendant on American Airlines Flight 11, which slammed into the trade center's north tower. Remains of Douglas Joel Stone, 54, who was a passenger on the same flight as Martin, were also identified.

The identified remains were not among those turned up by recent searches in the Ground Zero area.

Some families of the 2,749 people killed in the Twin Towers attack gathered at Ground Zero on Thursday to demand a comprehensive search by forensic experts after the discovery of bones by workers clearing rubble from manholes two weeks ago.

Since then more than 200 body parts, ranging from 1 inch to 12 inches in length, have been found.

"We must show our absolute solidarity at the site where the remains of the 9/11 dead have lain ignored and unburied for over five years," organizers of the rally said in a statement. "It is time to stand up and be counted. There can be no more haphazard discovery of human body parts and personal effects."

"We demand a scientific, well-organized controlled survey of Ground Zero by a reputable entity."

Of the 2,749 victims of the Twin Towers attack, 1,148 are yet to be recovered or identified. The Office of the Chief Medical Examiner said more than 20,800 remains had been recovered and nearly 11,000 of those had been identified.

The death toll in the attacks included nine crew members, 76 passengers and five hijackers on American Airlines Flight 11, and nine crew, 51 passengers and five hijackers aboard United Airlines Flight 175, which slammed into the trade center's south tower 18 minutes after the first strike.

New York City Mayor Michael Bloomberg has defended the site cleanup, although he said he was at a loss to explain why the bones discovered during the past two weeks had not been recovered sooner.

The manholes where the bones were first discovered on October 19 had been covered by a temporary road built after the attacks to allow in cranes to start removing debris. On October 27 Bloomberg agreed to expand the search underground, on rooftops and in some of the buildings surrounding Ground Zero.

Construction of a new Freedom Tower at the World Trade Center site began in April after bickering over financing, security and design delayed plans.

Bloomberg has said no construction delays are expected as a result of the new searches.

"TerrorStorm is something that should be seen by everyone, no matter what their stance/affiliation/political bent. " - Rich Rosell, Digitally Obsessed UK
Get TerrorStorm on DVD today

 

E-MAIL THIS LINK
Enter recipient's e-mail:

<< HOME

Infowars.com is Copyright 2006 Alex Jones | Fair Use Notice

 
   
 

911:  The Road to Tyranny

 
S