White House responsible for murdering hundreds of children all over the world
Paul Joseph Watson
May 12, 2014
Both Barack and Michelle Obama have led what critics are describing as “hashtag diplomacy” in the effort to find hundreds of girls kidnapped by Boko Haram in Nigeria, but President Obama’s hypocrisy is stunning given that he has signed off on drone attacks all over the world that have killed hundreds of children and thousands of innocent people.
The First Lady was responsible for making the #BringBackOurGirls campaign go viral last when she tweeted out an image of herself holding up the hashtag message, which has been tweeted by a myriad of other celebrities since and by millions of Twitter users around the world.
However, the backlash was swift when days later images emerged showing FLOTUS holding up an amended sign which read, “Nothing will bring back the children murdered by my husband’s drone strikes”.
The facts about Obama’s drone program unveil the brazen double standard of the White House when it comes to caring about the lives of children.
– Obama has signed off on over 390 drone strikes in his first five years in office that have killed hundreds of children around the world.
– Those children who survived such attacks have been left with debilitating injuries for the rest of their lives, such as 4-year-old Shakira, who was permanently burned and disfigured by a drone strike in Pakistan.
– Figures show that 50 civilians are executed for every one terrorist killed in a drone strike – meaning that 98% of the victims of drone strikes are innocent people.
– In 2012 Obama bragged to White House aides about how he was “really good at killing people” in a discussion about the drone program.
– Obama even joked about drone strikes during his speech at the 2010 White House Correspondents’ Dinner, remarks that drew widespread criticism.
– In April 2013, a leaked Justice Department memo outlined how the administration believed it had the legal justification to kill U.S. citizens using drone strikes if they posed an imminent threat.
– 16-year-old Abdulrahman al Awlaki, an American citizen, was killed in a drone strike in Yemen in October 2011.
– In December 2013, a U.S. drone hit a Yemeni wedding convoy, killing 15 civilians.
– Obama vastly accelerated drone strikes after his inauguration and his Nobel Peace Prize award. Under George W. Bush the U.S. conducted 51 drone strikes in four years, whereas Obama has launched more than 390.
Draw attention to Obama’s stunning hypocrisy by retweeting this tweet or tweeting out your own #BringBackYourDrones images. Feel free to use any of those featured below. Also be sure to include #BringBackOurGirls in the tweet for maximum exposure.