British Foreign Secretary Says Bombing of Libya to Last Beyond Christmas


Kurt Nimmo
Infowars.com
June 6, 2011

British Foreign Secretary William Hague was flown into Libya under heavy guard Saturday to perform a walk-about with al-Qaeda and the propped up opposition to Muammar Gaddafi.

A couple hours later, NATO bombed Tripoli as the Russians warned that the globalist military operation is sliding towards a land campaign. Russia had earlier expressed alarm over NATO’s deployment of British and French attack helicopters.

Shashank Joshi at the London-based Royal United Services Institute said the attack helicopters are part of a broader pattern of increasing air assaults.

Stock up with Fresh Food that lasts with eFoodsDirect (Ad)

“We will continue to erode (the Gaddafi regime’s) foundations until the violence against the Libyan population ends,” said Lieutenant-General Charles Bouchard, commander in chief of the NATO mission, as bombs fell on the densely populated Tripoli suburb of Tajura.

Hague admitted the bombing has intensified. “It’s just a question when everybody around Gaddafi decides it’s time to throw in the towel and throw him under the bus,” he predicted.

“It’s only a matter of time (before he falls),” added U.S. Sec. Of Defense Robert Gates after the bombing. “I don’t think anyone knows how long. But I think you see signs the regime is getting shakier by the day.

Hague also said the bombing will likely continue past Christmas. He said British ground troops will probably be sent to occupy the north African country after Gaddafi is either run off or killed.

Last week, Mussa Ibrahim, a Libyan government representative, said NATO’s terror campaign has killed 718 civilians. “Since March 19, and up to May 26, there have been 718 martyrs among civilians and 4,067 wounded — 433 of them seriously,” Ibrahim said, citing health ministry figures.

On June 4, former Congress woman Cynthia McKinney visited victims of the NATO bombings at a hospital in Tripoli. Ms. McKinney leads the DIGNITY Delegation of independent journalists from across the United States. The delegation will be joined by former Sen. Mike Gravel and former U.S. Attorney General Ramsey Clark.

“In the current NATO war on Libya, the citizens of European and North American NATO countries are being treated to the largest propaganda blitz by their governments in cahoots with corporate media outlets since the U.S.-led invasions and occupation of Iraq. The situation on the ground in Tripoli, the Libyan capital, could not more different from what is being portrayed by Western news networks and newspapers,” writes investigative journalist Wayne Madsen from Tripoli.

{openx:49}


Infowars.com Videos:


Comments are closed.