Suspects involved in a fiery vehicle attack last year at Beijing’s Tiananmen Square stood trial Friday, a court said, as China pursues a crackdown on violence linked to its restive Xinjiang region.

Authorities say three ethnic Uighurs from Xinjiang drove an SUV loaded with petrol canisters towards the gate of the Forbidden City in late October, killing two bystanders as well as the three in the car, and injuring 40 people.

“A public trial in Urumqi, Xinjiang, heard the case of suspects involved with committing a serious violent terrorist incident in Beijing on October 28,” said the Xinjiang Supreme Court in a posting on Sina Weibo, China’s version of Twitter.

Read more


NEWSLETTER SIGN UP

Get the latest breaking news & specials from Alex Jones and the Infowars Crew.

Related Articles


Comments