Paul Joseph Watson
Monday, March 3, 2008
A smear campaign against Oscar-winning French actress Marion Cotillard is now in full swing, with the establishment media attempting to hide the fact that her comments about 9/11 echo the sentiment of hundreds of widely-respected intelligence and scientific experts in addition to public opinion.
Cotillard’s statements about the suspicious collapse of the WTC buildings mirror those of a 20-year Marine Corps infantry and intelligence veteran.
In February 2007, 20-year Marine Corps infantry and intelligence officer, the second-ranking civilian in U.S. Marine Corps Intelligence, and former CIA clandestine services case officer Robert Steele went on record as saying that, "Dick Cheney saw this as a gift of heaven, and organized the 9-11 exercises so as to have complete operational control of the U.S. government, and he "let it happen."
Steele also directly accused WTC complex leaseholder Larry Silverstein of having advance knowledge of the attacks and rigging the WTC towers and Building 7 with demolition charges, "In order to clear the area for rebuilding and get the $7 billion in insurance money."
Marion Cotillard basically echoed Steele’s sentiment when she stated, "It (the WTC complex) was a money-sucker because they were finished, it seems to me, by 1973, and to re-cable all that, to bring up-to-date all the technology and everything, it was a lot more expensive, that work, than destroying them."
By dredging up statements made by Cotillard over 12 months ago, the spin doctors had hoped to isolate and ridicule the actress and make an example out of her while debunking 9/11 truth at a point in time where the official story holds about as much credibility as a used car salesman.
But the move will undoubtedly backfire because the establishment has failed to account for the fact that the majority of Americans and indeed global citizens doubt the official 9/11 story.
An October 2006 New York Times/CBS poll found that a paltry 16% of Americans thought the government was telling the truth about 9/11 and the intelligence prior to the attacks, meaning 84% doubted the accuracy of the official story.
A May 2006 Zogby poll found that over 70 million Americans supported a new investigation into 9/11 and less than half of the American public trusted the official 9/11 story or believed the attacks were adequately investigated. The figure supporting a new investigation rose to 51% of Americans in a September 2007 poll.
In addition, the same poll found that 67% also faulted the 9/11 Commission for not investigating anomalous collapse of World Trade Center 7.
As far back as August 2004, another Zogby poll established the fact that half of New Yorkers believe there was government complicity in 9/11.
The media is attempting to smear Cotillard as an anti-American French nutcase by making out that doubting the official 9/11 story is some kind of poisoned chalice and tantamount to holocaust denial. The fact is that the 9/11 cover-up is so out in the open that most people with two brain cells to rub together know it’s a con.
Cotillard is not going off on a mad tangent and endangering her career, she is merely saying what the majority of other people think.
During a French television interview, Cotillard said the public had been lied to about the terror attacks and highlighted the bizarre collapse of the twin towers in comparison with other buildings, specifically Madrid’s Windsor Building, which burned intensely for over 24 hours yet did not implode like the WTC.
"We see other towers of the same kind being hit by planes. Are they burned? They [sic] was a tower, I believe it was in Spain, which burnt for 24 hours. It never collapsed. None of these towers collapsed. And there [in New York], in a few minutes, the whole thing collapsed," said Cotillard.
Hours after the comments were picked up by news outlets across the world, a reactionary media smear campaign was initiated, despite the fact that Cotillard actually made the statements over a year ago, and we were told that Cotillard’s future Hollywood success was apparently "in jeopardy".
The Parliament of Japan, the former President of Italy, widely-respected CIA veteran Robert Baer and even American music icon Willie Nelson have all questioned 9/11 in recent months.
Since the attacks, a top former member of Tony Blair’s cabinet, Germany’s Secretary of Defense and the founder of Reagonomics have all slammed the official story – along with a cacophony of former government, military, intelligence and political professionals.
The Hollywood Today website cites the comments of 9/11 first responder "Mike Lennon" who calls the comments “ignorant and despicable” and encourages people to picket Cotillard’s upcoming movie with Johnny Depp.
To assert that questioning the official 9/11 story is harmful to the victims is a tired old propaganda ruse that has been tried on many occasions in the past by establishment media hacks.
The fact is that the majority of victim’s family members doubt the official story and have been pushing for a new investigation for years – as attested to by Bill Doyle, head of the largest victim’s family support group.
In addition, 9/11 firemen and first responders were themselves the victims of an admitted government cover-up in the very hours after 9/11 when they were told that the toxic asbestos-laden air was safe to breathe – an official lie that has cost the heroes of 9/11 at best lifelong debilitating illnesses and at worst their lives.
The media’s attempt to make an example out of Cotillard by digging up year-old comments in an organized smear attack campaign smacks of total desperation as the gatekeepers try to act as the little Dutch boy and block up the holes of the gaping official 9/11 story.