December 18, 2012
Jon Bowne contributed to this story.
So intense is the push to deny firearms to law-abiding American citizens, a large sporting goods store has suspended the sale of semi-automatic weapons across the nation.
Bushmaster AR-15 rifle
Dick’s Sporting Goods announced the move today as it sends “our deepest sympathies to those affected by this terrible tragedy” in Newtown, Connecticut.
According to CNN, Dick’s has also removed the “modern sporting rifles” page from its website.
The firearms used in the Sandy Hook massacre were not purchased at Dick’s.
“At this time, reports that the suspect visited one of our stores last week have not been confirmed by law enforcement,” the sporting goods store said in a statement. “Based on our records, we can confirm that no firearms were sold to the suspect identified in this case.”
The Infowars news team contacted Dick’s Sporting Goods in Austin, Texas, and were told that all semi-automatic rifles were pulled off the shelves across the metropolitan area.
Other retailers, however, including Academy and Cabela’s, will continue to sell semi-automatic firearms.
National sporting good retail chain Cabela’s has stated it will also continue to sell semi-automatic firearms.
When asked if Cabela’s in Buda, Texas, would stop selling semi-automatic weapons, the manager of the store, Mark Peterson, laughed and told Infowars, “That’s completely crazy. We’re just trying to sell guns in a retail environment.”
In Newtown, Connecticut, however, Cabela’s has pulled the AR-125 from its shelves.
At the same time Dick’s removed semi-automatic firearms from its stores, Cerberus Capital Management said it will sell its controlling stake in Freedom Group International, the manufacturer of Bushmaster rifles.
An AR-15 type Bushmaster rifle was used in the Newtown school massacre.
The decision by Dick’s may signal a move by firearms retailers to limit and eventually curtail the sale of semi-automatic weapons under a directive handed down by Obama and his Justice Department.
Following New York mayor Michael Bloomberg‘s call on Sunday for Obama to take “executive action” against the Second Amendment, we noted that the Justice Department is working with the ATF to rollback the Second Amendment.
This article was posted: Tuesday, December 18, 2012 at 3:10 pm