October 16, 2012
The family of a Mexican teen shot dead when the U.S. Border Patrol opened fire on a group of rock throwers in Mexico last week is planning to bring a lawsuit alleging excessive use of force, Mexican authorities said on Monday.
The Border Patrol said an agent in Nogales, Arizona, opened fire across the border into Mexico late last Wednesday night. Mexican authorities said 16-year-old Jose Antonio Elena Rodriguez was shot dead in the incident.
A lawyer for Mexico’s Public Ministry in Nogales said attorneys for Elena Rodriguez’ family would lodge a civil suit against the Border Patrol in the United States seeking unspecified damages for excessive use of force with fatal consequences.
This article was posted: Tuesday, October 16, 2012 at 2:49 pm
Tags: domestic news