December 27, 2012
The following first appeared on the AmmoLand.com website:
After reading Senator Dianne Feinstein’s new so-called “Assault Weapons” Ban, I can only describe it as the effective END of the Second Amendment in America.
The definition of an “Assault Weapon” in this bill is so broad you can drive a truck through it!
They’re targeting EVERYTHING — rifles, shotguns and even handguns.
You see, the gun-grabbers are going for broke.
Even owners of supposedly “grandfathered” firearms will be treated like common criminals.
If passed, Feinstein’s so-called “Assault Weapons” Ban would:
– Ban the sale, transfer, importation, and manufacturing or 120 specifically named rifles, shotguns and handguns;
– Ban the sale, transfer, importation and manufacturing of ALL firearms with a detachable magazine and at least one “military characteristic” — which could mean just about anything that makes a gun “look scary.”
– Bans the sale, transfer, importation, and manufacturing of magazines holding more than 10 rounds;
– Force owners of ALL “grandfathered” weapons to undergo an intrusive background check and unnecessary fingerprinting;
– Force owners of ALL “grandfathered” weapons to federally register their guns after obtaining permission slip from local law enforcement showing their guns are not in violation of state or local law. That’s right. If you own a $10 magazine that’s more than 10 rounds, you’ll have to register it with the BATFE in their National Firearms Registry.
And you and I both know registration is only the first step toward outright confiscation. So don’t be fooled.
This isn’t some “pie in the sky” bill listing all the shiny new anti-gun provisions the gun-grabbers were hoping Santa Claus would bring them for Christmas.
Vice President Joe Biden – who President Obama has put in charge of ramming new gun control schemes through Congress – has already said he sees no reason why a new so-called “assault weapons ban” can’t pass.
This is what you and I are facing. This is what you and I are up against. To defeat this radical scheme, I’m going to have to pull out all the stops to mobilize Second Amendment supporters all over the country.
If you value your gun rights, I’m going to need your help too.
I’ll continue to keep you updated on any new developments.
For now, brace yourself.
The stakes could hardly be any higher. And this is going to be one heck of a fight.For Freedom, Dudley BrownExecutive Vice President
The National Association for Gun Rights is a nonprofit, nonpartisan, single-purpose citizens’ organization dedicated to preserving and protecting the Constitutionally protected right-to-keep-and-bear-arms through an aggressive program designed to mobilize public opposition to anti-gun legislation. The National Association for Gun Rights’ mailing address is P.O 7002, Fredericksburg, VA 22404. They can be contacted toll-free at 1-877-405-4570. Its web address is www.NationalGunRights.org
This article was posted: Thursday, December 27, 2012 at 4:27 pm