August 10, 2010
Iran has dug mass graves in which to bury U.S. troops in case of any American attack on the country, a commander of the elite Revolutionary Guard said today.
He added that a military strike would spark an ‘extensive war’ in the region.
The announcement appears to be a show of bravado after the chairman of the U.S. Joint Chiefs of Staff, Admiral Mike Mullen, said last week that the U.S. military had a contingency plan to attack Iran – although he admitted a military strike was probably a bad idea.
The U.S. and some of its allies accuse Iran of using its civilian nuclear development as a cover to build nuclear weapons. Iran has denied the charges, saying its nuclear development is geared merely toward generating electricity, not weapons.
This article was posted: Tuesday, August 10, 2010 at 4:30 pm