Man’s mother claims police showed up pointing guns in her family’s faces

Adan Salazar
Infowars.com
April 8, 2014

A Florida man is behind bars after police accused him of phoning in a bomb threat to their Orlando office, an allegation the man claims is completely false.

Pedro Cerutti, Jr., 27, was picked up from his home late yesterday afternoon by armed federal agents, according to WFTV, after he called the Florida Department of Law Enforcement in Orlando to get an update on a complaint he had filed.

FDLE investigators say when he called he also threatened to blow the building up, but Cerutti tells a different story.

“They just kept hanging up the phone, hanging up the phone,” Cerutti told WFTV in a taped phone call from jail. “So when I called back for like the fourth or fifth time, a guy got on the phone and said, ‘You just made a bomb threat, we’re gonna come pick you up tonight.’”

Cerutti says he’s been on the department’s radar ever since he fought, and beat, two charges that he had exposed himself to corrections officers during an earlier stint in jail.

After winning his cases, he went into the FDLE office in January to file a complaint against the department.

27-year-old Pedro Cerutti Jr. / via News965.com.
27-year-old Pedro Cerutti Jr. / via News965.com.
At that time, his mother explained to WFTV, police removed him for trespassing, saying he was behaving in a “belligerent” manner.

His mother says she was terrified when armed police showed up at their home yesterday pointing guns in her family’s faces and even pointing their rifles at a 13-year-old.

“They put out a gun towards my husband and as I came out they pulled it towards me,” Cerutti’s mother Maria said. “I know that my son, he did not do this.”

“That would be stupid for me, doing something like that,” Cerutti told WFTV News from jail. “I was just calling to check up on the status. I promise to God, they don’t have no recordings saying I’m making a bomb threat.”

It seems obvious that determining the validity of Mr. Cerutti’s allegations should be an easy thing to do if the department tapes its incoming phone calls. Florida is, however, a two-party consent state, meaning both parties involved in a recorded call must announce their formal prior consent.

Infowars contacted FDLE regarding this matter, and the department affirmed the two-party consent law, saying, “In Florida, it is illegal to record phone conversations without prior consent.”

A judge has set Cerutti’s bond at a mere $5,000, despite police accusing him of something as egregious as wanting to blow up their headquarters, a second degree felony in Florida.

WFTV was told Cerutti’s complaint was investigated and closed earlier this year.

As there is evidently no recording of Cerutti’s alleged bomb threat, the entire case rests essentially on police’s version of events.


NEWSLETTER SIGN UP

Get the latest breaking news & specials from Alex Jones and the Infowars Crew.

Related Articles


Comments