- Infowars - http://www.infowars.com -
Forbes Op-ed Voices Opposition to Gun-grabbing U.N. Treaty
Posted By kurtnimmo On July 8, 2012 @ 10:40 am In Featured Stories,Old Infowars Posts Style,Tile | Comments Disabled
July 8, 2012
Finally, after weeks of virtual silence, a corporate media venue is warning about the threat posed to the Second Amendment by the United Nations’ so-called “Small Arms Treaty.”
“It may not come as surprising news to many of you that the United Nations doesn’t approve of our Second Amendment. Not one bit. And they very much hope to do something about it with help from some powerful American friends,” writes Larry Bell for Forbes.
If ratified by the Senate, Bell warns, the United Nations will:
1. Enact tougher licensing requirements, creating additional bureaucratic red tape for legal firearms ownership.
2. Confiscate and destroy all “unauthorized” civilian firearms (exempting those owned by our government of course).
3. Ban the trade, sale and private ownership of all semi-automatic weapons (any that have magazines even though they still operate in the same one trigger pull – one single “bang” manner as revolvers, a simple fact the anti-gun media never seem to grasp).
4. Create an international gun registry, clearly setting the stage for full-scale gun confiscation.
5. In short, overriding our national sovereignty, and in the process, providing license for the federal government to assert preemptive powers over state regulatory powers guaranteed by the Tenth Amendment in addition to our Second Amendment rights.
The United States joined 152 other nations and officially supported the U.N. Arms Treaty Resolution in January of 2010. Secretary of State Clinton has promised to push the treaty through the Senate.
Article printed from Infowars: http://www.infowars.com
URL to article: http://www.infowars.com/forbes-op-ed-voices-opposition-to-gun-grabbing-u-n-treaty/
Copyright © 2015 Infowars. All rights reserved.