November 9, 2009
[efoods]Maj. Nidal Malik Hasan, the suspect in last week’s Fort Hood mass shooting, is conscious and talking, a spokesman for the Army hospital where he is being treated told CNN on Monday.
The development comes a day after Army investigators asked troops and civilians for help gathering clues about Thursday’s shooting, saying some who fled the gunfire might have evidence.
“The Fort Hood office of the U.S. Army Criminal Investigation Command is seeking any military or civilian personnel who may have left the scene … with gunshot damage such as damaged privately owned vehicles, personnel clothing, etc.,” investigators said in a written statement. “CID is also seeking any military or civilian personnel who may have inadvertently left the scene of this incident with material that could be used as firearms residue related evidence such as shell casings inside the boot, etc.”
This article was posted: Monday, November 9, 2009 at 10:26 am