- Infowars - http://www.infowars.com -

Improper Generator Use Causing Post-Sandy Carbon Monoxide Poisoning Deaths

Posted By Adan On November 2, 2012 @ 6:31 pm In Hot News,Old Infowars Posts Style,Tile | Comments Disabled

Infowars.com
November 2, 2012

As in previous hurricanes, a small wave of generator deaths have also plagued Sandy’s aftermath.

While trying to keep warm and power vital utilities around their homes, some victims of Hurricane Sandy’s vicious rampage have died due to improper gas-powered generator use.

The devices convert gasoline into usable electricity and are frequently employed during power outages. Their use produces carbon monoxide (CO), a colorless, odorless gas that is toxic to humans and animals.

So far, at least nine people have died due to carbon monoxide poisoning.

A generator’s misuse was responsible for the death of a 59-year-old Trenton woman and caused seven of her family members to be treated at nearby hospitals, reports the Huffington Post.

Elsewhere in New Jersey, the deaths of two 19-year-olds in Newark, a 55-year-old man from New Brunswick, and a 65-year-old Edison man were all reported to be caused from generators positioned too close to, and in some cases inside, homes.

Four deaths in Pennsylvania have also been attributed to carbon monoxide inhalation.

Photos of the afflicted regions show lines of people waiting to procure gasoline; however, proper use of a generator should be reviewed prior to their operation.

According to the CDC, generators should be used “more than 20 from your home, doors, and windows.”

The tragedy in these deaths is that they were avoidable. Apparently some people are so out of touch with reality that they fail to make the connection between gas-powered generator use and deadly, noxious fume output.


Article printed from Infowars: http://www.infowars.com

URL to article: http://www.infowars.com/generator-deaths-plague-sandy-survivors/

Copyright © 2013 Infowars. All rights reserved.