A high school cheerleading captain has been banned from the team after tweeting about illegal immigrants.

Caley Godino, a senior at Revere High School in Massachusetts, was disciplined after making the controversial comment online.

She wrote: ‘When only 10 percent of Revere votes for mayor cause the other 90 percent isn’t legal.’

After other students complained about the comments, the school banned her from cheering for the rest of the season.

Cheerleading captain Caley Godino (pictured), a senior at Revere High School in Massachusetts, was banned from the team after tweeting about illegal immigrants

She wrote: ‘When only 10 percent of Revere votes for mayor cause the other 90 percent isn’t legal’

But Godino told Fox25 that her comment was a political statement and not racial – because she didn’t specify any race.

She said her comment was in response to her teacher’s tweet about the low voter turnout in the town in November’s mayoral election.

She said she is told to watch the presidential debates as part of the homework for her Civics class – and was taking a leaf out of Donald Trump’s book by making a comment about a topical issue.

‘I see Donald Trump a lot,’ she told the station. ‘I don’t see what’s so different. I’m starting to follow along with him.’

Read more


NEWSLETTER SIGN UP

Get the latest breaking news & specials from Alex Jones and the Infowars Crew.

Related Articles


Comments