December 23, 2011
Iran has blocked access to a British government website aimed at Iranian audiences in a new act of aggression against the UK, Britain’s Foreign Secretary said yesterday.
William Hague claimed that the website – the online presence of Britain’s now shuttered embassy in Tehran – had been deliberately targeted following the storming of Britain’s embassy by demonstrators last month.
The website contained information for Iranians hoping to visit Britain. “This action is counterproductive and ill-judged,” Mr Hague said. It provided further proof of “the Iranian government’s dire record on freedom of speech and human rights”.
This article was posted: Friday, December 23, 2011 at 10:45 am