Iran slams silence on US nuke threat


Press TV
April 27, 2010

Iranian Judiciary Chief Ayatollah Sadeq Amoli Larijani has condemned international human rights groups for remaining tight-lipped on the recent nuclear threat made by the US against the Islamic Republic of Iran.

  • A d v e r t i s e m e n t
  • {openx:49}

“Nuclear threat(s) against Iran proves that the West’s claims of (championing) human rights are lies,” the Iranian Labor News Agency (ILNA) quoted Larijani as saying on Sunday.

He said the recent threats by the West against Iran’s nuclear program are an “old tactic” and added, “It is regrettable that official international bodies remained silent on the implicit and unwise threat of US President (Barack Obama)”.

The judiciary chief noted that the Iranian nation has stood firm against all threats over the past 30 years (after the victory of the Islamic Revolution in 1979) and said Iranians have never compromised on their goals.

Earlier this month, President Obama released a new US Nuclear Posture Review (NPR) that, among other things, restricted the use of nuclear arms against most non-atomic states.

The restriction, however, will not apply to countries that are, from the US perspective, not in compliance with non-proliferation treaties.

Just before the NPR was issued, Obama told The New York Times that the loophole would apply to what he called “outliers like Iran and North Korea.”


Infowars.com Videos:


Comments are closed.