AFP
December 24, 2010

BAGHDAD — Iraqi forces have arrested 93 suspects, including 60 wanted men, in a crackdown on Al-Qaeda in Anbar province, defence ministry spokesman Major General Mohammed al-Askari said on Thursday.

  • A d v e r t i s e m e n t
  • {openx:49}

“A large military operation targeting Al-Qaeda and their sleeper cells was launched overnight” Tuesday in Anbar, western Iraq, Askari said.

“Ninety-three suspects were arrested, including 60 wanted men,” he said, adding that ammunition had been discovered as well.

Stock up for the Holidays with eFoods Direct and get FREE Shipping!

The operation was jointly launched by the army, police, pro-government tribal forces and members of the Sahwa, or anti-Qaeda militia, Askari said.

Read full article


NEWSLETTER SIGN UP

Get the latest breaking news & specials from Alex Jones and the Infowars Crew.

Related Articles


FROM AROUND THE WAR


Comments