Israel and the Palestinian militant group Hamas resumed hostilities Tuesday after Israel earlier accepted an Egyptian-sponsored plan to halt more than a week of fighting. Hamas had previously rejected the truce.

Abu Zuhri, a senior Hamas official, said the proposal meant to bring eight days of Israeli airstrikes and Hamas rocket fire to a halt was not acceptable in part because Cairo did not consult it on the terms of deal. The military wing of Hamas, Izzedine al-Qassam, said in a statement on the Hamas website that the proposal “does not deserve the ink it was written with” and likened any such move to “surrender.”

Early Tuesday Israeli Prime Minister Benjamin Netanyahu and his Cabinet agreed to the plan that would implement a cease-fire within 12 hours of “unconditional acceptance” from Israel and Hamas, followed by the opening of Gaza’s border crossings and talks in Cairo within two days.

Read more


NEWSLETTER SIGN UP

Get the latest breaking news & specials from Alex Jones and the Infowars Crew.

Related Articles


FROM AROUND THE WAR


Comments