- Infowars - http://www.infowars.com -
Looters Plague Hurricane Victims Post-Sandy
Posted By yihan On October 31, 2012 @ 6:40 am In Featured Stories,Old Infowars Posts Style,Tile,U.S. News | Comments Disabled
Thieves pose as utility workers to con residents
Paul Joseph Watson
October 31, 2012
Despite an attempt by some to dismiss scores of tweets sent prior to Hurricane Sandy making landfall on the east coast, in which people threatened to go on looting sprees, reports of looting are now flooding in from numerous different areas as criminals take advantage of the post-superstorm chaos.
As we reported on Monday, hours before the hurricane first hit the east coast, Twitter users were feverishly making plans to exploit the expected carnage by looting stores, while also attempting to recruit others to join them.
Some quarters of the establishment media attempted to frame the tweets as “jokes,” while others ludicrously suggested that looting in the aftermath of extreme weather events was rare, despite the fact that it has happened in the United States after every recent hurricane.
The very real acts of looting now deepening the suffering of hurricane victims are no laughing matter.
The New York Post reports that looters are ransacking “stores and homes across the city” and that some are posing as utility workers to con victims.
These people are not acting out of desperation by looting water or food, they are stealing clothes and electronics.
“I saw two people walking by the Ann Taylor store and reach in and take some shirts that were just laying right there by the mannequin,” said one man. “It’s really messed up, man. They’re really taking advantage.”
“Looters also grabbed gadgets from a nearby Brookstone before cops arrived to stand guard,” reports the Post.
Others were arrested for ransacking a Radio Shack and a BP gas station.
“Almost everything is gone,” store owner Mirza Baig told the Post. “We want to reopen but we don’t know how.”
Brooklyn and Queens were worst hit by looters. Eyewitnesses in the video above described how dozens of businesses were looted on Neptune Avenue in broad daylight. Police said they expect the break-ins to continue.
“People were coming out with all kinds of stuff – everything,” said one man.
– Police were also dispatched to New York City’s 60th precinct yesterday to deal with mobs of people looting storefronts.
– In other areas of New York, residents are taking turns to guard apartment blocks from looters.
– There have also been reports of looting at the The Coast Guard House in Rhode Island.
– A Mega Gas station in Amityville was robbed at gunpoint after losing power as a result of the hurricane.
– Fox 29 Philadelphia is also reporting further incidents of looting and gunfire in Atlantic City, New Jersey.
– Keansburg Amusement Park was also hit by looters attempting to jimmy open slot machines to steal cash.According to the Absury Park Press, looters were roaming the streets.
These are just some of the incidents of looting that have been recorded by the media. There have undoubtedly been a deluge more than have gone unreported.
These incidents serve as a lesson to those in the media who accused Infowars and the Drudge Report of “fearmongering” while downplaying and making fun of tweets from before the hurricane where people openly planned to go on looting sprees.
Article printed from Infowars: http://www.infowars.com
URL to article: http://www.infowars.com/looters-plague-hurricane-victims-post-sandy/
Copyright © 2013 Infowars. All rights reserved.