- Infowars - http://www.infowars.com -
Moms Demand Action Group’s Crass New Ad
Posted By Adan On August 29, 2013 @ 2:26 pm In constitution,Old Infowars Posts Style,Tile | Comments Disabled
Anti-gun ad features child with target on shirt
August 28, 2013
A gun control coalition’s controversial new ad is turning heads.
The group Moms Demand Action for Gun Sense in America recently released an ad featuring a little boy getting ready for school and donning a shirt with a crosshair image.
Before the boy leaves home, his mother also outfits him with a bulletproof vest, also emblazoned with the crosshair symbol.
The video’s timing coincides with news of Obama’s renewed efforts to impose new gun control measures, particularly targeting the “re-importation of military surplus firearms to private entities,” according to the Washington Times, and a background check loophole that allows people to obtain guns by registering them instead to corporate entities.
The ad fiendishly attempts to conjure memories of last December’s Sandy Hook school shooting – the small town tragic-event-turned-overblown-media-spectacle which provided anti-gun politicians the opportunity to attack the Second Amendment, but which eventually failed to stir the intended public outcry.
Below is a portion of the video’s YouTube description, which lists the group’s goals, along with commentary:
1) Ban assault weapons and ammunition magazines that hold more than 10 rounds. (because pistols, long rifles or shotguns can’t be used to kill children, and neither can guns that hold 10 rounds or less)
2) Require background checks for all gun and ammunition purchases. (because people who pass background checks never shoot children)
3) Report the sale of large quantities of ammunition to the ATF, and ban online sales of ammunition. (because this will make children safe somehow)
4) Make gun trafficking a federal crime with serious criminal penalties. (because gun trafficking isn’t already a crime with stiff penalties)
5) Counter gun industry lobbyists’ efforts to weaken gun laws at the state level. (because to hell with the Constitution)
The group’s main goals make it clear they are merely a flypaper coalition working to sign naïve mothers onto a network of organizations which ultimately aim to turn honest, hard-working, gun-owning Americans into disarmed victims through the use of manipulative, fear-invoking advertisements.
Not to mention a recent Harvard study found that fewer guns doesn’t necessarily translate to fewer deaths.
In the past the group has also gone after violent video games, but has thus far failed to confront the threat of prescribed mood-altering psychotropic drugs which, as pointed out by rifle manufacturer John Noveske on his Facebook page about a week before he died, have been linked with violent outbursts and may be a leading factor in gun violence.
Back in April, Moms Demand Action also organized an anti-gun demonstration on the steps of the Austin capital where potential next mayor Mike Martinez admitted during a speech that the Obama administration’s long term gun control agenda is focused on banning firearms altogether.
Earlier this month, Moms Demand Action also called on people not to participate in the “Starbucks Appreciation Day” events that took place at Starbucks Coffee stores across the country.
In likely attempts to stave off negative criticism, their latest PSA video also curiously has its YouTube comments turned off.
Article printed from Infowars: http://www.infowars.com
URL to article: http://www.infowars.com/moms-demand-action-groups-crass-tv-spot/
Copyright © 2013 Infowars. All rights reserved.