- Infowars - http://www.infowars.com -
New Petition: We Demand President Obama Resign
Posted By guardian On June 8, 2013 @ 8:18 am In Featured Stories,Old Infowars Posts Style,Tile | Comments Disabled
Spare the nation the ordeal of impeachment
Paul Joseph Watson
June 8, 2013
A new petition launched on the whitehouse.gov website demands that President Obama immediately resign over the innumerable unconstitutional actions he has overseen, notably the recent scandal surrounding wiretapping of journalists.
The full petition, which can be found here on the whitehouse.gov website, states the following:
President Richard Nixon resigned after wiretapping a handful of journalists, sparing the nation the ordeal of impeachment. We call on Obama to do the same. His administration vetted the NSA’s surveillance of millions of Americans and seriously violated the Fourth Amendment. He confiscated the personal records of reporters, thus violating the First Amendment, and the IRS under his watch harassed political organizations opposed to his policies. Moreover, his administration has lied under oath to Congress. In addition to violating Article I, Section 8 of the Constitution by invading Libya, his administration engaged in torture and conducted a covert drone war. Due to the severity of these crimes, we call for the immediate resignation of Barack Obama.
The petition requires 100,000 signatures before July 7 in order to mandate an official White House response.
Aside from recent wiretapping and surveillance scandals, there are a number of other issues over which Obama has clearly abused his authority and acted unconstitutionally.
– Obama failed to obtain congressional authorization for the war on Libya in 2011. Under Article 1 Section 8 of the U.S. Constitution, the power to declare war lies with Congress.
– In June 2011, President Obama arrogantly expressed his hostility to the rule of law when he dismissed the need to get congressional authorization to commit the United States to a military intervention in Libya, churlishly dismissing criticism and remarking, “I don’t even have to get to the Constitutional question.”
– In July 2011, Congress specifically rejected the Obama administration’s attempt to seek approval for war on Libya but the White House later supported a NATO-led assault anyway, terming it a “kinetic” action.
– Obama tried to legitimize his failure to obtain Congressional approval for military involvement by sending a letter to Speaker of the House John Boehner in which he said the military assault was “authorized by the United Nations (U.N.) Security Council.”
Article printed from Infowars: http://www.infowars.com
URL to article: http://www.infowars.com/new-petition-we-demand-president-obama-resign/
Copyright © 2015 Infowars. All rights reserved.