Paul Joseph Watson
Friday, June 24, 2011
Despite the Obama administration’s best efforts to characterize Operation Fast and Furious, a recently revealed ATF program that sought to put U.S.-based firearms into the hands of Mexican drug smugglers, as little more than a ‘screw up’, the most damning evidence strongly indicates that the whole operation was in fact an attempt to launch a false flag assault on the second amendment rights of the American people.
Under Operation Fast and Furious, the Bureau of Alcohol, Tobacco, Firearms, and Explosives “Sanctioned the purchase of weapons in U.S. gun shops and tracked the smuggling route to the Mexican border. Reportedly, more than 2,500 firearms were sold to straw buyers who then handed off the weapons to gunrunners under the nose of ATF.” Some of the weapons were later used to kill US Border Patrol agents like Brian Terry.
An editorial posted at Investors.com this week asks, Was Fast And Furious A Gun-Control Plot?, a reasonable assumption to make given the fact that Obama has openly revealed his administration’s plans to sabotage the second amendment by stealth.
“Rather than a botched attempt to catch criminals, was the ATF program actually an attempt to advance gun-control efforts by an administration that has blamed Mexican violence on easy access to U.S. weapons?” asks the author.
“If “Operation Fast and Furious” was merely a botched attempt at law enforcement, why was a supervisor of the operation, David Voth, “jovial, if not, not giddy but just delighted about” marked guns showing up at crime scenes in Mexico, as career Bureau of Alcohol, Tobacco, Firearms and Explosives agent John Dodson told Rep. Darrell Issa’s House Oversight Committee?”
The Obama administration and the ATF claim that the program was part of a sting operation to catch leading Mexican drug runners, and yet it’s admitted that the government stopped tracking the firearms as soon as they reached the border, defeating the entire object of the mission, unless the mission was about pushing through gun control in the US and had nothing to do with the drug war.
That would also explain why ATF agents like James Casa were repeatedly ordered to stand down and not seize the firearms, while the Obama administration failed to even inform Mexican authorities of the program’s existence.
Unbelievably, both Obama and Attorney General Eric Holder maintain that they had no knowledge of the operation until it became public, and no one will admit to authorizing it. ATF Acting Chief Ken Melson is “strongly resisting pressure” to resign over the program, claiming that he is being used as a “fall guy” to take the blame and make the controversy disappear.
However, the notion that the Obama administration would deliberately implement a program they knew could later be used to demonize gun rights is hardly conspiratorial given the fact that Obama himself told gun control advocate Sarah Brady earlier this year that his administration was working “under the radar” to sneak attack the second amendment.
During a March 30 meeting between Jim and Sarah Brady and White House Press Secretary Jay Carney, at which Obama “dropped in,” the president reportedly told Brady, “I just want you to know that we are working on it (gun control)….We have to go through a few processes, but under the radar.”
The quote appeared in an April 11 Washington Post story about Obama’s gun control czar Steve Croley.
There also seems to be little motivation on behalf of the US government to catch drug smuggling kingpins in Mexico by way of sting operations involving firearms given the fact that those same kingpins are in many cases working for US intelligence itself.
As we reported years ago, former DEA agent Cele Castillo has blown the whistle on how the US government controls the Los Zetas drug smuggling gang and uses it as the front group for their narco-empire.
With the gang having first been trained at the infamous School of the Americas in Fort Benning, Georgia, Castillo affirms that Los Zetas are still working for the US government in protecting drug routes to keep the wheels of Wall Street well-oiled. Castillo has gone on the record to state that the commandos are working directly for the US government drug cartel in carrying out hits on rival drug smugglers who aren’t paying their cut.
In addition, it was recently revealed that Jesus Vicente Zambada Niebla, the “logistical coordinator” for another top Mexican drug-trafficking gang, Sinaloa, the organization responsible for purchasing the CIA torture jet that crashed with four tons on cocaine on board back in 2007, also obtained guns from the U.S. that were later used to kill people in Mexico City. Niebla recently told the U.S. District Court for the Northern District of Illinois in Chicago that he has been working for the U.S. government since January 2004.
The Obama administration has repeatedly invoked rhetoric about the flow of guns being smuggled from the U.S. into Mexico as a talking point with which to chill gun rights of American citizens, repeating the demonstrably false myth that 90% of weapons confiscated by Mexican authorities originate in the U.S.
Before his election, Obama attracted the fury of gun rights activists when he said that Americans frustrated with the declining economy “cling to guns or religion” as a means of relieving their stress.
Just months into his term in the Oval Office, Obama told Mexican President Felipe Calderon that the U.S. was to blame for much of Mexico’s drug violence because of firearms that were purchased in America.
“I will not pretend that this is Mexico’s responsibility alone. The demand for these drugs in the United States is what’s helping keep these cartels in business,” Obama told Calderon during a press conference. “This war is being waged with guns purchased not here, but in the United States. More than 90 percent of the guns recovered in Mexico come from the United States, many from gun shops that line our shared border.”
Back in April, the administration failed in its bid to push through a law that would have mandated licensed gun dealers in the southwestern states to “file reports with BAFTE on all sales of two or more semi-automatic rifles larger than a .22 caliber”.
Given the Obama administration’s open hostility to the second amendment, with Obama himself promising to launch a sneak attack against the second amendment “under the radar” shortly before the details of Fast and Furious were made public, coupled with the highly suspicious methods employed during the program itself, and added to the US government’s history of controlling Mexican drug lords, there seems little doubt that the entire scope of the mission was to launch a false flag against the second amendment, one that has thankfully failed due to the program being revealed by whistleblowers.
Paul Joseph Watson is the editor and writer for Prison Planet.com. He is the author of Order Out Of Chaos. Watson is also a regular fill-in host for The Alex Jones Show.
This article was posted: Friday, June 24, 2011 at 8:45 am