February 6, 2009
The Associated Press reports:
President Barack Obama says in Washington these days, everyone’s an economist—or thinks they are.
Obama introduced a team of outside economic advisers Friday at a White House ceremony in which he also renewed his demand that Congress act quickly on his economic recovery package.
As the country struggles with the worst financial crisis since the Great Depression, Obama said there has been no shortage of advice on how to solve the nation’s woes.
“You’ve got some economists and some folks who think they’re economists. By the way, these days everybody thinks they’re economists,” he joked.
|Paul A. Volcker (center), pictured here with other minions of the bankster elite, will run Obama’s supposed Economic Recovery Advisory Board.|
Obama made his funny while announcing members of his Economic Recovery Advisory Board — or more precisely, the board cobbled together by his globalist masters. It will be run by none other than Paul A. Volcker, the former Fed mob boss who thinks Americans have been living beyond their means for too long. “It is the United States as a whole that became addicted to spending and consuming beyond its capacity to produce,” Volcker lectured the Economic Club of New York in April, 2008. “It all seemed so comfortable.”
It will all become exceedingly uncomfortable and sooner before later if Volcker and the globalists have their way.
“As previously announced, the inestimable Austan Goolsbee will serve as the Board’s Staff Director and Chief Economist,” reports Jake Tapper for ABC News.
Austan Goolsbee is the guy who told the Canadians back in April of 2008 during the election campaign that Obama really didn’t mean it when he declared he would “renegotiate NAFTA.” It was just a parlor trick designed to fool the American people.
“Obama adviser Austan Goolsbee told a recent CFR meeting that ‘free trade is not the enemy,'” the Washington Post reported on November 3, 2008.
“Goolsbee is widely reported to have told Obama not to back a compulsory freeze on home mortgage foreclosures to help the struggling middle class in the current depression crisis, as demanded by former candidate John Edwards,” Webster Tarpley wrote on February 4, 2008. Tarpley also reveals Goolsbee’s connection to the elitist occult Skull & Bones club.
It is apparently a joke to Obama and his handlers that so many Americans are now talking about economics. Obviously, we should leave the economy up to Obama’s board of establishment insiders, never mind the appointed boss of this globalist coterie of corporatist economists has stated you are living too high on the hog.
Here is the full list of folks who will be punching your meal ticket:
1. William H. Donaldson, former Chairman, SEC
2. Roger W. Ferguson, Jr., President & CEO, TIAA-CREF
3. Robert Wolf, Chairman & CEO, UBS Group Americas
4. David F. Swensen, CIO, Yale University
5. Mark T. Gallogly, Founder & Managing Partner, Centerbridge Partners L.P.
6. Penny Pritzker, Chairman & Founder, Pritzker Realty Group
7. John Doerr, Partner, Kleiner, Perkins, Caufield & Byers
8. Jim Owens, Chairman and CEO, Caterpillar Inc.
9. Monica C. Lozano, Publisher & Chief Executive Officer, La Opinion
10. Charles E. Phillips, Jr., President, Oracle Corporation
11. Anna Burger, Secretary-Treasurer, SEIU
12. Richard L. Trumka, Secretary-Treasurer, AFL-CIO
13. Laura D’Andrea Tyson, Dean, Haas School of Business at the University of California at Berkeley
14. Martin Feldstein, George F. Baker Professor of Economics, Harvard University
15. Jeffrey R. Immelt, CEO, GE