More than six years after a Muslim army major shot dead 13 people at Fort Hood, President Obama on Sunday night – for what may be the first time – publicly identified it as a terrorist attack.

In his primetime Oval Office address on the threat of terrorism in the wake of last week’s attack in San Bernardino, California, Obama said the threat had evolved in the years since 9/11.

“As we’ve become better at preventing complex attacks like 9/11, terrorists turn to less complicated acts of violence like the mass shootings that are all too common in our society,” he said. “It is this type of attack that we saw at Fort Hood in 2009, in Chattanooga earlier this year and now in San Bernardino.”

The administration long shied away from calling Major Nidal Malik Hasan’s killing of 13 people at Fort Hood, Texas an act of terrorism – the deadliest on U.S. soil since 9/11 until last week’s attack in San Bernardino set a new grim milestone and the Pentagon categorized it as workplace violence.

Read more


NEWSLETTER SIGN UP

Get the latest breaking news & specials from Alex Jones and the Infowars Crew.

Related Articles


Comments