November 7, 2008
Gun sales are up and defenders of the 2nd Amendment are on alert, knowing that president-elect Obama will come to the White House with a history of attacks on the right to possess firearms.
OBAMA’S GUN-RESTRICTION POLICY PLAYBOOK
Those two instructions to so-called “progressive” political candidates explain Barack Obama’s camouflage of lies and deceptions that hide his consistent history as an aggressive proponent of virtually every aspect of gun control — from gun-owner licensing and universal firearms registration; to criminalizing private ownership of whole generic classes of now-lawful firearms; to what I call denial of civil liberty at local option.
The bait-and-switch gimmick of employing rhetorical tricks to hide very real gun control agendas, and to create a fraudulent history to assure that “your gun record does not define your candidacy” are the central lessons offered in a political/propaganda playbook or script proffered by something called the Third Way.
BARACK OBAMA GUN CONTROL POLICY
Barack Obama’s gun control policy, or should I write anti-gun record is long and informative:
* 1994 to 2001 – Obama was on the board of the anti-gun Joyce Foundation. This foundation is the largest funding source for radical anti-gun groups in the country.
* 1996 – Obama supported a ban on the manufacture, sale and possession of handguns.
* 1999 – Obama proposed a 500 percent increase in the excise taxes on firearms and ammunition. This tax would effectively punish gun owners for buying guns and ammunition.
* 2003 – Obama voted in support of legislation that would have banned privately owned hunting shotguns, target rifles and black powder rifles in Illinois.
* 2004 – Obama voted against legislation intended to protect homeowners from prosecution in cases where they used a firearm to halt a home invasion.
OBAMA’S RECORD ON FIREARMS TRIGGERS RUN ON SALES
GRAND JUNCTION — John Faulkner and his wife, Brenda, thought Wednesday was a good day to buy a handgun.
"I’m 37 years old, and this is the first time in my life that I am really scared for our future," said Faulkner, an oil field worker, as he perused the collection of weaponry in A Pawn Shop here.
OBAMA’S PICK FOR CHIEF OF STAFF HAS ‘TOUGH GUY’ REP
President-elect Barack Obama’s new chief of staff, Rahm Emanuel, has White House experience and a Chicago tough-guy attitude.
As senior adviser… Emanuel oversaw some of Clinton’s top initiatives, including NAFTA and an assault-weapons ban.
GUN SALES CLIMB, FEARING OBAMA GUN CONTROL STANCE
At least one local gun dealer is seeing a trend reported elsewhere in the nation: more guns sold in anticipation of a Barack Obama presidency.
The Washington Post reported late last month that, despite a lagging economy, gun sales were up between 8 percent and 10 percent nationwide.
Many point to Obama’s stance on gun control as a factor in the increased sales.
OBAMA: GUN RIGHTS IN PERIL
Based on his voting record in the Illinois state senate and in the U.S. Senate, President-elect Barack Obama will be the most anti-Second Amendment president in the history of America.
That Obama will sign any anti-gun bill that gets to his desk is a certainty. But what can gun owners expect from the new Congress? His party’s large gains in the Congress give the incoming President more room to maneuver with a radical agenda.
This article was posted: Friday, November 7, 2008 at 12:27 am