November 2, 2010
A Pentagon spokesman on Monday denied a report in The Wall Street Journal newspaper that says the Obama administration is working on a plan to send U.S. military teams to Yemen to attack terrorist targets.
The newspaper report says the apparent attempt to bring down planes with mail bombs last week has added urgency to a review that could lead to expanded U.S. military operations in Yemen. The report says there is “growing support” in the military and among civilian officials to allow Special Operations teams to work secretly in Yemen, under CIA command.
But Pentagon spokesman Bryan Whitman reacted to the story this way:
This article was posted: Tuesday, November 2, 2010 at 12:28 pm