The Pentagon’s army colonel Steve Warren has made it clear how Washington feels about the unraveling situation in Syria. In not so many words, Warren explained ‘not our problem’, pointing out the Russian jet shootdown is “a Russia-Turkey issue,” and that US was not ionvolved. He then quickly moved on to the propaganda section of the briefing, explaining how “sloppy, uncaring” Russia was “exaggerating” its achievements in Syria.
- *WARREN SAYS RUSSIAN JET SHOOTDOWN A TURKEY-RUSSIA ISSUE
- *WARREN SAYS SHOOTDOWN NOT ISSUE INVOLVING U.S.-BACKED COALITION
The Pentagon explains, it wasn’t us…
“Our Turkish Allies informed us that their military aircraft shot down a Russian military aircraft near the Syrian border after it violated Turkish airspace on Tuesday. At this time, we can confirm that US forces were not involved in this incident,” the official said.
— Natasha Mozgovaya (@mozgovaya) November 24, 2015
And Bloomberg headlines explain how Washington really feels…
- *WARREN SAYS RUSSIA EXAGGERATED SAYING IT DESTROYED 500 TRUCKS
- *WARREN SAYS NO U.S. PERSONNEL IN AREA WHERE RUSSIA JET DOWNED
- *WARREN SAYS RUSSIAN PLANE DIDN’T RESPOND TO TURKISH WARNINGS
- *WARREN SAYS RUSSIAN MILITARY STRIKES ARE `SLOPPY,’ UNCARING
- *WARREN CITES REPORTS OF HIGH CIVILIAN CASUALTIES FROM RUSSIA
Warren says it can confirm that the Turks warned the Russian plane 10 times before shooting down the jet.
He said they were working to establish exactly where the plane was when it was shot down.