Moments ago Putin delivered a brief statement following the downing of the Russian jet by Turkish forces during a press conference with the King of Jordan. Here are the highlights:
- PUTIN SAYS LOSS OF RUSSIAN WARPLANE TODAY DUE TO BACKSTABBING
- PUTIN: DOWNED WARPLANE INCIDENT GOES BEYOND FIGHT VS TERROR
- RUSSIAN PRESIDENT PUTIN SAYS TURKEY BEHAVING AS IF RUSSIA SHOT DOWN ITS OWN PLANE
- PUTIN SAYS INCIDENT TO HAVE SERIOUS CONSQUENCES FOR TURKEY TIES
- PUTIN SAYS RUSSIAN WARPLANE IN NO WAY THREATENED TURKEY
- PUTIN SAYS RUSSIA HAS SIGNED AN ACCORD WITH THE US TO AVOID AIR INCIDENTS
Putin makes it quite clear that Turkey, a NATO state, is responsible for ISIS funding:
- PUTIN: OIL FROM ISLAMIC STATE IS BEING SHIPPED TO TURKEY
- PUTIN SAYS ISLAMIC STATE GETS CASH BY SELLING OIL TO TURKEY
- PUTIN: ISLAMIC STATE GETS MILITARY SUPPORT FROM MANY STATES
And the first official diplomatic escalation:
- TURKISH DEFENCE ATTACHE IN MOSCOW SUMMONED TO RUSSIAN DEFENSE MINISTRY – TASS
Some more from Russia’s Gazeta:
Russian President Vladimir Putin said that Turkey’s appeal to NATO partners to the incident with the Russian Su-24 looks like an attempt to put the alliance at the service of an “Islamic state.”
“We will analyze everything that happened, the tragedy would have serious consequences, including for the Russian-Turkish relations. I do not know who needed what is done today, but in any case not to us. And instead of immediately establish the necessary contacts with us, the Turkish side asked its NATO partners to discuss the incident, as if it were we shot down a Turkish plane, but they are not us. Do they want to put NATO at the service of ISIS? “- Putin said.
Earlier, Putin said that the incident with the Su-24 in Syria – a stab in the back, which caused us accomplices of terrorists.
The Su-24 has fallen in the Syrian province of Latakia. Earlier, the Turkish side took out Russian warnings for violating Turkish airspace during a military operation in Syria.
“Islamic State” – a terrorist organization banned in several countries, including Russia.
The futures did not like the sharp, accusatory tone to what many “experts” though would be a non-event.