Paul Joseph Watson
Friday, February 22nd, 2008
Four prosecutors In the Guantánamo Bay case assert that the trials are rigged and that convictions are already assured despite the fact that there is scant evidence to link Khalid Sheik Mohammed and his cohorts with 9/11, proving that the official story is a fable and the real perpetrators are being protected.
As we previously highlighted, after half a dozen years of waterboarding, genital zapping, sleep deprivation and brainwashing, the Pentagon has finally found six patsies who will readily welcome their 72 virgins and take the fall for 9/11, providing debunkers with ample ammunition to dismiss questions about the gaping holes in the official story of the terror attacks and allowing the government to close the book.
Included amongst them is alleged 9/11 mastermind Khalid Sheik Mohammed, who also admitted to a raft of other terror attacks and plots, some of which he could not possibly have been involved with because they occurred after his capture or related to targets that did not even exist until after his incarceration.
As reported by The Nation this week, Col. Morris Davis, former chief prosecutor for Guantánamo’s military commissions, was told directly by Pentagon general counsel William Haynes, that the final verdicts in the trials had already been decided before they had even begun.
"Wait a minute, we can’t have acquittals. If we’ve been holding these guys for so long, how can we explain letting them get off? We can’t have acquittals, we’ve got to have convictions," Haynes told Davis.
In addition, Harper’s Magazine reports that, "Three more former Guantánamo prosecutors — Major Robert Preston, Captain John Carr and Captain Carrie Wolf — "asked to be relieved of duties after saying they were concerned that the process was rigged. One said he had been assured he didn’t need to worry about building a proper case; convictions were assured".
Preston wrote in an e mail to his supervisors "that there was thin evidence against the accused."
A defense attorney for the suspects, Clive Stafford Smith, said the prosecutors informed him that "they were told by the chief prosecutor at the time that they didn’t need evidence to get convictions."
If there is scant evidence against the alleged mastermind of 9/11, as four top prosecutors assert, and yet the government has already decided to rig Mohammed’s trial to secure a conviction, then that means the government is knowingly protecting the real 9/11 masterminds and allowing patsies to take the fall for the attacks.
Despite the fact that it only took three months to charge him with the 1998 embassy bombings, there has been no formal indictment of bin Laden over six years after 9/11 and the FBI’s wanted poster makes no reference of Bin Laden’s involvement in 9/11.
When asked by reporters why no reference was made, FBI agent Rex Tomb was forced to admit that "the FBI has no hard evidence connecting Bin Laden to 9/11."
The assertion of four top prosecutors and a defense attorney – that the Guantánamo trials are rigged and convictions are already assured despite little evidence against the accused – proves that the suspects are mere patsies, that the perpetrators of 9/11 remain free, and that the government’s only motivation is to sweep questions under the rug by conducting a show trial which is an insult to the very notion of justice.
This article was posted: Friday, February 22, 2008 at 8:57 am