A list of quotes and presidential actions which showcase Obama’s snobbery and elitism
October 2, 2013
The World War II veteran showdown is the pinnacle of Obama’s disdain towards the American public during the government shutdown and perhaps even his entire term in office.
Here’s a short rundown of Obama’s superiority complex, elitism and total disregard of Americans:
– The White House rejected a request to allow WWII veterans, our greatest generation, to visit their memorial in Washington D.C. during the government shutdown. With over 800 WWII veterans dying every day, some of these vets may never have another opportunity to visit the memorial to honor their fellow Americans who never made it back home.
– National Park Service workers are erecting a barricade around the World War II memorial to keep veterans out of the memorial, which was predominantly funded by private donations.
– At the beginning on the current government shutdown, Obama closed the White House to the public, denying tours to school children and families.
– The White House is however still open for elitists to attend state dinners and special events.
– The federal government actually put in effort to shut down electronic access to educational material already paid for by taxpayers during the current budget impasse.
– In the wake of the D.C. Naval Yard shooting, Obama demanded more gun control on the same day that he authorized gun shipments to Syrian rebels dominated by al-Qaeda.
– “If you were successful, somebody along the line gave you some help. There was a great teacher somewhere in your life. Somebody helped to create this unbelievable American system that we have that allowed you to thrive. Somebody invested in roads and bridges. If you’ve got a business—you didn’t build that. Somebody else made that happen.” – Obama’s statement during an election campaign speech.
– “The president’s decision to take military action in Syria still stands, and will indeed be carried out, regardless of whether Congress votes next week to approve the use of such force.” – a Senior State Dept. official last month.
– Obama in 2008 discussing small town Pennsylvanians: “You go into some of these small towns in Pennsylvania, and like a lot of small towns in the Midwest, the jobs have been gone now for 25 years and nothing’s replaced them. And they fell through the Clinton administration, and the Bush administration, and each successive administration has said that somehow these communities are gonna regenerate and they have not. So it’s not surprising then that they get bitter, they cling to guns or religion, or antipathy to people who aren’t like them, or anti-immigrant sentiment, or anti-trade sentiment as a way to explain their frustrations.”
If you have any great examples of Obama’s extreme elitism and total disregard of the American people, please post them in the comments section. We will update this list.