The establishment media is abuzz today with criticism of Donald Trump’s response to the Muslim couple Khizr and Ghazala Khan after they attacked him at the DNC. Meanwhile, a far more serious allegation against Hillary Clinton has all but fallen out of the news cycle.
Lying to Congress is a serious offense. It can result in a five-year maximum prison sentence. If the lie involves terrorism, the maximum prison sentence under Section 1001 of US Code is eight years.
In 2013 Hillary Clinton lied to Congress. During testimony on the Benghazi attack, Clinton denied she knew anything about the “rat line” running weapons from Libya to jihadis in Syria, including al-Qaeda and the Islamic State.
Senator Rand Paul grilled Clinton on the arms transfer:
Sen. Rand Paul: My question is, is the US involved in any procuring of weapons, transfer of weapons, buying, selling anyhow transferring weapons to Turkey out of Libya?
Hillary Clinton: To Turkey? I’ll have to take that question for the record. That’s, nobody’s ever raised that with me.
Sen. Rand Paul: It’s been in news reports that ships have been leaving from Libya and that they may have weapons. And what I’d like to know is, that annex that was close by, were they involved with procuring, buying, selling, obtaining weapons and were any of these weapons being transferred to other countries? Any countries, Turkey included?
Hillary Clinton: Well, Senator you’ll have to direct that question to the agency that ran the annex. And, I will see what information was available.
Sen. Rand Paul: You’re saying you don’t know?
Hillary Clinton: I do not know. I don’t have any information on that.
Not only did Clinton know about the arms program, she oversaw it. Memos retrieved from the Benghazi compound show Clinton’s State Department was involved in weapons transfers.
Julian Assange told Democracy Now WikiLeaks has emails that will further demonstrate Clinton’s role.
“So, those Hillary Clinton emails, they connect together with the cables that we have published of Hillary Clinton, creating a rich picture of how Hillary Clinton performs in office, but, more broadly, how the U.S. Department of State operates,” Assange told Democracy Now. “So, for example, the disastrous, absolutely disastrous intervention in Libya, the destruction of the Gaddafi government, which led to the occupation of ISIS of large segments of that country, weapons flows going over to Syria, being pushed by Hillary Clinton, into jihadists within Syria, including ISIS, that’s there in those emails. There’s more than 1,700 emails in Hillary Clinton’s collection, that we have released, just about Libya alone.”
After Assange made remarks in June about the emails and Clinton’s involvement, The New York Times admitted the establishment media was not particularly interested.
“Mr. Assange’s remarks last month received only scattered attention, in part because in the interview Mr. Peston [of ITV] appeared to mistakenly assume that WikiLeaks had obtained still-undisclosed emails from the private server Mrs. Clinton had used while secretary of state and kept cutting Mr. Assange off to ask about it.”
Hillary Clinton is the most scandal-ridden candidate in modern history. In addition to the email and the Libyan arms transfer scandals, she was involved in the following crimes and misdeeds (and this is a short list):
- The House Government Reform and Oversight Committee caught her and husband Bill using illegally obtained FBI files to go after perceived adversaries.
- Chinagate: millions of dollars in donations to Democrats in exchange for selling high-tech secrets to China.
- Travelgate: the staff of the White House travel office was fired to make way for Clinton cronies from Arkansas.
- The Bosnia lie: Clinton said she came under sniper fire in Bosnia during a visit to Tuzla when she was a New York Senator. Video footage of a tarmac greet and meet proved this was a lie.
- Miraculously, Hillary’s subpoenaed billing records from the Rose Law Firm disappeared during the Whitewater investigation.
- Hillary received cash from the Iranian government and hired Hassan Nemazee, a convicted Iranian-American multimillionaire with ties to Tehran, as her national campaign finance director in 2008.
- Probably the most outrageous scandal involves the Clinton Foundation, a purportedly “humanitarian” operation that has siphoned off millions of dollars. Wall Street analyst and investor Charles Ortel “alleges Hillary advanced an ‘inurement’ scheme—enriching oneself through a nonprofit organization—in complicity with her husband by positioning various key associates within the Clinton Foundation structure while she served as U.S. senator from New York and subsequently as secretary of state under President Obama,” WND reports.