January 8, 2010
Editor’s note: Curious how the government waited a year to arrest the suspects. Following the underwear non-bombing event, it is all about the timing and media response.
[efoods]Two more men have been arrested in the US in connection with an alleged plot to bomb New York City last year.
The two – named as Adis Medunjanin and Zasrein Ahmedzay – were detained as part of an “ongoing investigation”, an FBI spokesman told reporters.
They are said to be associates of an Afghan-born Colorado man, Najibullah Zazi, who is accused of planning an attack on New York commuters.
Mr Zazi and two other men were charged in September. All deny the charges.
Investigators said at the time that the imminent threat of an attack had been disrupted but that they would continue to examine a “wide range of leads”.
This article was posted: Friday, January 8, 2010 at 2:24 pm