US to review court decision on Blackwater killings


Agence France-Presse
January 10, 2010

WASHINGTON — The US government said Friday it will review the decision by a US court to drop charges against American private security guards accused of killing 14 Iraqi civilians in an unprovoked attack in 2007.

[efoods]“We respect the independence of the judiciary. The decision of the judge does not exonerate the defendants or necessarily terminate the proceedings,” State Department spokesman PJ Crowley told reporters.

“The Department of Justice, in consultation with the State Department, will carefully review the judge’s decision and assess all available legal options,” said Crowley, the assistant secretary of state for public affairs.

The five guards, who had been part of a convoy of armoured vehicles, had been charged with killing 14 unarmed Iraqi civilians and wounding 18 others during the attack at a busy Baghdad square using guns and grenades.

READ FULL ARTICLE


Infowars.com Videos:


Comments are closed.