Wikileaks has abruptly canceled a much-anticipated announcement on Tuesday, according to NBC News. The announcement had been expected to be founder Julian Assange’s long-promised document dump on Hillary Clinton.
NBC’s Jesse Rodriguez reported that the Tuesday announcement — which was to come from the balcony of London’s Ecuadorian Embassy, where Assange has sought sanctuary for years – was canceled due to “security concerns.”
Due to security concerns at the Ecuadorian Embassy, Julian Assange's balcony announcement on Tues has been cancelled, per @wikileaks
— Jesse Rodriguez (@JesseRodriguez) September 30, 2016
Wikileaks has not said when it will now make its “announcement”.
Am told Assange will still be making an announcement on Tuesday via live video, just not in public on the balcony of the embassy.
— Paul Joseph Watson (@PrisonPlanet) October 2, 2016