Despite not enforcing immigration laws to keep ISIS out of the U.S., President Obama is exploiting the recent San Bernardino shooting to attack the Second Amendment, but here’s 10 reasons why gun control won’t work as leftists intended.
1) California has many of the most restrictive gun laws in the country, yet those laws did absolutely nothing to stop the San Bernardino shooting.
“In California, all firearms sales, transfers, including private transactions and sales at gun shows, must go through a California licensed firearms dealer,” Deseret News reported. “California also has no provision in its state constitution that explicitly guarantees an individual the right to keep and bear arms.”
2) Paris, France, also has some of the most restrictive gun laws in the world, but those laws also did nothing to stop the Nov. 13 ISIS attacks.
3) …And Mexico also has restrictive gun laws like France, yet over 160,000 people have been murdered in the country’s drug war since 2007.
The only people who are actually stopping the Mexican cartels are private citizens who are openly defying Mexico’s gun laws to form self-defense militias.
“All this crime, all these drug cartels… what the government hasn’t done in all these years, we’ve done in less than 15 days,” one militiaman told reporters.
4) President Obama has been arming and funding ISIS-linked Syrian rebels for quite some time. In fact, Obama approved the re-arming of the “moderate” rebels on Oct. 1, the same day he called for gun control in response to the Umpqua Community College shooting.
“The Free Syrian Army and the Syrian National Council, the vaunted bulwarks of the moderate opposition, only really exist in hotel lobbies and the minds of Western diplomats,” journalist Ben Reynolds wrote. “There is simply no real separation between ‘moderate’ rebel groups and hardline Salafists allied with al-Qaeda.”
In one instance, around 3,000 of Obama’s so-called “moderate rebels” joined ISIS, bringing with them weapons, cash, equipment, and training provided to them by Saudi Arabia and the U.S.
And a study conducted by the London-based Conflict Armament Research revealed how Kurdish forces captured M16 assault rifles from ISIS that were marked “property of the U.S. government.”
“The study noted that the arms, funneled through Saudi channels, were originally given to the so-called moderate anti-government militants in Syria, including the Free Syrian Army, which is documented to be infiltrated at the highest levels by ISIS,” Steve Watson reported. “The West has pumped weapons into the region either directly or through Saudi, Qatari, Jordanian, or Turkish proxies since at least 2011.”
The Pentagon even admitted it was supporting radical Islamic militants against the Syrian government.
5) Doesn’t seem weird to you that the most vocal gun control advocates are ultra-rich politicians like Michael Bloomberg who spend their entires lives pursuing power and control?
Why do you want to give your rights away to politicians, even if you’re not using them?
Would you similarly censor your free speech because a politician you don’t like, whether Republican or Democrat, wants you to do so?
6) A nationwide gun confiscation program would never work because there are over 350 million firearms in the U.S. alone.
“With so many guns in the nation, no amount of restrictions will ever prevent someone from obtaining a firearm if they want one badly enough,” Lawrence Meyers of TownHall.com pointed out. “Restrictions only harm law-abiding individuals, depriving them of any ability to defend themselves.”
“Criminals don’t obey laws, and neither do terrorists.”
7) Even if a gun confiscation program was attempted, not only would it violate the Second Amendment, but also the Fourth, Fifth and Fourteenth Amendments.
8) Guns are used exponentially more often to stop crime than to kill; each year firearms prevent an estimated 2.5 million crimes in the U.S., usually without a shot being fired, meaning that guns are used over 300 times more often to save innocent lives, given the 8,124 murders committed with firearms in 2014.
9) Out of 11,961 murders performed within the U.S. in 2014, 660 were committed unarmed, 1,567 were committed with knives and only 248 murders were known to have been committed using rifles of any type, including single-shot long arms and “assault rifles” routinely demonized by gun control groups.
Granted, the FBI did list 2,052 murders under “unknown firearm type,” but given the percentages of the known firearm categories, it is unlikely that more than four percent of the “unknown firearms” were in fact rifles, and less than that were semi-automatics.
10) It’s estimated that someone in Chicago is shot every 2.8 hours, despite the city’s strict gun laws.
“Chicago ranks as one of the most regulated cities in the nation for gun control,” the Daily Caller’s Mike Piccione wrote. “Concealed carry is almost nonexistent [and to even] purchase a gun or ammunition requires a Firearm Owners Identification card in the entire state of Illinois, and additionally, a Chicago Firearm Permit – which is required to possess a firearm in Chicago.”
“Not only are the people heavily regulated in Chicago, but guns are also heavily regulated.”
Do you have any more reasons? Post them below!