Los Angeles Times
July 29, 2010
- A d v e r t i s e m e n t
Reporting from Camp Mike Spann, Afghanistan — The second of two American servicemen who disappeared last week in a Taliban-infested area south of the Afghan capital has been confirmed dead as well, a U.S. military official and Afghan authorities said Thursday.
The body of Petty Officer 3rd Class Jarod Newlove was recovered and his family notified, the official said, speaking on condition of anonymity.
Newlove and his companion, Petty Officer 2nd Class Justin McNeley, were ambushed by Taliban fighters in Lowgar province on Friday. The Taliban initially said they had killed one of the men in a firefight and captured the other.
The Reopen America Back to School Special is now live! Earn double Patriot Points on our hottest items!