Destroying an airplane in flight with an explosive or incendiary device guarantees that the primary assassination target will be killed along with everyone else aboard.
Here is a recounting of fifteen political leaders killed when their planes crashed. In most cases, the precise cause of the catastrophe is left to conjecture. In this column, I will focus on five cases of interest.
1. In 1943, conspirators planted an explosive device on Adolf Hitler’s airplane during a stopover in Smolensk, Russia. The parcel bomb was placed aboard using the ruse that it was a gift of cognac for a fellow Wehrmacht officer at the plane’s destination. The plot failed only because the frigid temperature at altitude prevented the chemical-mechanical detonator from functioning properly.
2. In 1981, Panamanian leader Omar Torrijos and six others were killed when his DeHavilland airplane crashed in a remote jungle region of his country. Torrijos was a nationalist who is best known for negotiating the turnover of the Panama Canal during the Carter presidency. The cause of the fatal crash was never established but, in Central America, his death is widely considered to have been an assassination, possibly by the CIA or by anti-Torrijos groups aligned with the CIA.
3. In 1988, President Zia of Pakistan and 29 others were killed when his American-built C-130 caught fire, exploded and crashed ten minutes after takeoff. Also on board were the American ambassador, and the American Army general in charge of military assistance to Pakistan.
4. In 1994, Juvenal Habyarimana, the ethnic-Hutu president of Rwanda and nine others (including the president of Burundi) were killed when his Dassault Falcon jet was shot down by a shoulder-launched missile on its approach to Kigali, the Rwandan capital. This airplane assassination immediately triggered the unimaginably bloody Rwandan civil war and the genocide of the Rwandan Tutsis.
5. Another notable assassination of a political and military figure that did not involve an airplane pertains to this subject. In Afghanistan, two days prior to 9-11-01, the popular anti-Taliban opposition leader Ahmad Shah Massoud was killed by assassins posing as Belgian-Moroccan television journalists. Their explosives were concealed within their camera and battery packs.
Given the time constraints, it would be impossible to adequately screen and examine every camera, battery pack (down to individual cells), laptop, electronic device and gear bag being carried on to Trump Force One on a daily basis by the entourage of journalists. Familiarity with known faces breeds complacency among inspectors. It would be a simple matter for a sophisticated assassin to substitute an explosive or incendiary device among the large battery cells used to run TV cameras.
There is an old saying that any amateur can kill someone, but only a professional can make it look like an accident. We are all acutely aware of the incendiary and explosive danger presented even by the tiny lithium-ion batteries in smart phones. The energy contained within a large professional-grade TV camera’s Li-On battery pack is orders of magnitude greater. Anyone with even brief or temporary access to a journalist’s or cameraman’s equipment could substitute or simply add an easily-disguised explosive or incendiary device. In the event of an aviation catastrophe resulting in the death of Donald Trump and all others aboard, the precise cause may never be known. This inherent ambiguity concerning causality greatly increases the odds that an airplane assassination attempt could be made.
For those who reject the notion that the current regime or its globalist oligarch allies might consider mass-murder for a political purpose, I would only point to Operation Fast and Furious, where hundreds of Mexicans were killed in order to discredit the Second Amendment. Before this evil and nefarious plot was revealed, President Obama, Secretary of State Clinton and Attorney General Holder were repeatedly touting the lie that ninety percent of the guns found at Mexican murder scenes came from the United States. The mass-murder for political gain Rubicon has already been crossed and, to date, no one has been held accountable.
Dear Mr. Trump: for your own safety and the safety of everyone else flying with you, please leave the journalists and their equipment on the tarmac.
Matthew Bracken was born in Baltimore, Maryland in 1957, and attended the University of Virginia, where he received a BA in Russian Studies and was commissioned as a naval officer in 1979. Later that year, he graduated from Basic Underwater Demolition/SEAL training and, in 1983, he led a Naval Special Warfare detachment to Beirut, Lebanon. Since then, he’s been a welder, boat builder, charter captain, ocean sailor, essayist and novelist. He lives in Florida. Links to many of his short stories and essays may be found at EnemiesForeignAndDomestic.com. [http://enemiesforeignanddomestic.com/]
By the way, people who know what's coming are taking advantage of the up to 50% off savings on our storable food!