TollroadsNews
October 10, 2009
[efoods]Texas Department of Transportation (TxDOT) officials plan to announce Wednesday that, in response to citizen comments received during the environmental review of Trans-Texas Corridor-35, the department has recommended the No Action Alternative on the TTC-35 environmental study to the Federal Highway Administration (FHWA).
The dramatic retrenchment is announced on the TxDOT website tonight.
The recommendation by TxDOT “will effectively end efforts to develop TTC-35 through the Trans-Texas Corridor concept,” it says.
I-35 has long been recognized, TxDOT says in the announcement this evening, as one of the state’s most congested highways, delaying travel for motorists and freight.
“The TTC concept was introduced in 2001 as a strategy to address congestion.”
However earlier this year TxDOT officials decided that the TTC concept was being set aside because of collapsing political support.
Wednesday, TxDOT officials will explain the final steps in the TTC-35 environmental review process and outline the department’s path forward, the announcement says.



