After a series of angry tweets from President Donald Trump directed toward Germany over trade, Commerce Secretary Wilbur Ross told CNBC on Tuesday he is open to continuing talks on a proposed trade pact with the European Union.
“It’s no mistake that, while we withdrew from TPP” — the Trans-Pacific Partnership trade pact with Pacific Rim nations — “we did not withdraw from TTIP,” Ross said.
Talks around the proposed Trans-Atlantic Trade and Investment Partnership were put on hold after Trump’s election last year.




