March 25, 2011
Washington, DC March 14, 2011. A growing number of consumer activists are staging demonstrations all over the US, with the largest so far at the White House on March 26, 2011.
They demand labeling of genetically modified foods and they’re urging activists around the country to “Rally for the Right to Know” locally. The idea has spread like wildfire with other grassroots rallies already being planned in Colorado, California, Wisconsin, Indiana, Tennessee, Florida and Oregon to coincide with the rally in Washington DC.
Their demands are:
1. We have the right to know and want genetically modified foods labeled.
2. We want factory farmed animal and genetically modified animal products labeled.
3. We want independent, transparent, long-term studies done on the safety of GMO’s for animals, plants and humans.
4. We want the organic industry protected from cross-contamination and law suits to organic farmers.
- A d v e r t i s e m e n t
The FDA currently considers GM foods “substantially equivalent” and therefore doesn’t require labeling. There is a growing body of evidence that show:
* Health and environmental concerns.
* Corporate control of world food and seed supplies, and monopolization through patents, government lobbying and corporate interest over human interest in all levels of government.
* Monsanto is the leader in GM patents.
Rally Organizer, Trish Wright “We will not stop in our efforts to accomplish our goals. If the FDA won’t tell people, we will. Our freedom of choice is being violated by the FDA not requiring these products to be labeled.”
To date, the majority of commodity crops are genetically engineered. (Soy, corn, canola, cotton). Many deregulated crops such as GE Alfalfa and GE Sugar Beet, being planted in 2011, have the ability to destroy the organic industry.
People are asked to participate in, or organize a rally in their area.
Visit: www.facebook.com/rallyfortherightto… for more information.
Our 4th of July Super Sale has been extended! Get double Patriot Points and free shipping on the hottest items!