Zeroes in on unconfirmed report shooter had an AR-15
September 16, 2013
California Democrat Senator Dianne Feinstein has exploited another mass shooting to call for destroying the Second Amendment and disarming law-abiding Americans.
“When will enough be enough?” Feinstein said in a statement Monday evening following the Navy Yard shooting in Washington, D.C.
“Congress must stop shirking its responsibility and resume a thoughtful debate on gun violence in this country,” she said. “We must do more to stop this endless loss of life.”
“I mourn those killed today at the Navy Yard in Washington and send my thoughts and prayers to those families grieving the loss of loved ones,.”
She exploited unconfirmed reporters that the alleged shooter used a popular semi-automatic rifle Democrats and their gun-grabbing comrades have consistently demonized as an assault weapon.
“There are reports the killer was armed with an AR-15, a shotgun and a semiautomatic pistol when he stormed an American military installation in the nation’s capital and took at least 12 innocent lives,” Feinstein said.
“This is one more event to add to the litany of massacres that occur when a deranged person or grievance killer is able to obtain multiple weapons — including a military-style assault rifle — and kill many people in a short amount of time.”
She once again called on Congress to disarm the American people and dismember the Bill of Rights following a monumental failure earlier this year to push anti-gun legislation through the Senate.
In 1995, Feinstein lamented the failure of an earlier effort to take out the Second Amendment. “If I could have gotten 51 votes in the Senate of the United States for an outright ban, picking up every one of them,” she told 60 Minutes. “Mr. and Mrs. America, turn ’em all in, I would have done it. I could not do that. The votes weren’t here.”