April 18, 2013
Liberals and anti-Second Amendment activists, led by Obama, expressed outrage over a Senate vote on Wednesday rejecting firearm background checks.
“All in all, this is a pretty shameful day for Washington,” Obama said from the Rose Garden after the vote. “The American people are trying to figure out — how can something that has 90 percent support not happen?”
“I know how this is going to end, and the despair and the dismay of the families standing out there whose safety we need to protect, and we don’t do it. I am really chagrined,” said Senator Dianne Feinstein, who had sponsored a measure to outlaw semiautomatic firearms liberals erroneously characterize as “assault weapons” for political effect.
“Show some guts,” she admonished her colleagues.
“I think we’re going to continue to work for the right thing to be done. I think the senators who voted against this will have to live with that vote, and I think they’re going to have to account for themselves,” Peter Read said. Read’s daughter was killed at Virginia Tech.
In fact, the senators who voted the bill down will have to live with supporting the Constitution and the Bill of Rights. The Second Amendment specifically states that the right to bear arms shall not be infringed.
Moreover, the liberal chorus call echoed by the establishment media demanding the Senate legislate by the result of public surveys – specifically, the Quinnipiac University poll showing 90 percent of Americans believe in background checks – runs counter to the fact America was not established as a democracy. The founders intended the United States to be a constitutional republic.
Liberals and socialists, of course, prefer a democracy where opinion can be manipulated and a majority can impose its will on a minority.
“Democracy is nothing more than mob rule, where 51% of the people may take away the rights of the other 49%.” said Thomas Jefferson.
Senate Democrats will now work to reintroduce anti-Second Amendment legislation. Senate Majority Leader Harry Reid, a Nevada Democrat, voted against Manchin-Toomey for procedural reasons in order to preserve the right to bring the measure back up.
By the way, people who know what's coming are taking advantage of our healthy & delicious storable food!