April 14, 2012
This video is only one part of the larger effort to challenge this unconstitutional president and stop these illegal wars. Help get this video out to everyone you know and make this an election issue in 2012.
The need to bring about impeachment has become increasingly clear, as top officials now openly admit that they are taking orders from international bodies and deliberately ignoring the need for authorization from Congress. Obama’s actions in Libya were admittedly taken on behalf of the United Nations, violating the U.S. Constitution in spirit and law. Further, President Obama has wantonly expanded, not curtailed, the use of military in foreign adventures and moreover has broken every key promise he campaigned on [see The Obama Deception for more on this].
Impeach Obama 2012! Join The National Campaign!
Take Action Now: See Suggestions Below • Contact your members of Congress and support efforts to hold the executive branch accountable.
Use this video as a starting point:
• Spread this video everywhere on Facebook, Twitter, your blogs, your video channels and other social media outlets. Alternately, hand out DVDs or show this video at a gathering.
for a full listing with numbers and websites in alphabetical order by state,
• Or visit Contact the Congress to search for the representatives in your district and/or state.
• Alternately, write your Rep electronically here or send a physical letter to their office. If possible, visit their offices in person either at home or in D.C.
• Call the Congress Switchboard Phone Number:
United States Capitol Switchboard at (202) 224-3121
• Call the White House Switchboard and/or Comment Line:
Switchboard: (202) 456-1414
Comments: (202) 456-1111
• Contact your members of Congress and support efforts to hold the executive branch accountable.
• Better still, start activism to get the public involved. Do banner hangs, hand out fliers, put up stickers, hold signs, talk to people in the streets. Remind them about the numerous ongoing wars; educate them about the Constitutional authorization needed for war and warn them that Presidents are now claiming international authority at the cost of risking the lives of our American boys– your sons and daughters.
Why impeach? Is there justification?
Rep. Walter Jones introduced Resolution 107 in the House that states should the president use offensive military force without the authorization of Congress that such an act would be “an impeachable high crime and misdemeanor.”
Constitutional scholar and Ron Paul advisor Bruce Fein drafted articles of impeachment for President Obama largely focused on the declaration of war issues in the wake of action in Libya last year. Ron Paul identified the Libyan action as impeachable, and even House Democrats like Jerrold Nadler likened Obama to an emperor.
The Secretary of Defense reiterates the treasonous claim that war authorization is optional, admitting that international authority is sought, but approval from the U.S. Congress is not.
Kurt Nimmo writes: Secretary of Defense Leon Panetta said during questioning by Senator Jeff Sessions of Alabama that the Obama administration does not believe Congress has the exclusive right to declare war and that the Pentagon answers to the United Nations, not the people of the United States.
Article I, Section 8, of the Constitution reserves exclusively for Congress the power to declare war. Both Thomas Jefferson and James Madison argued that the power to declare war must reside in the legislative branch of government and the president will only act as the commander-in-chief and direct the war after it is declared by Congress.
“The constitution supposes, what the history of all governments demonstrates, that the executive is the branch of power most interested in war, and most prone to it. It has accordingly with studied care vested the question of war in the legislature,” Madison wrote.
Of course, the constitutional issues over war are only the LEADING reason to impeachment Barack Obama. With respect to time and serious focus, this video, narrated and written by Sean Stone, therefore focuses on five core issues, as we covered in previous articles.
Activists and individuals concerned with the direction of the nation drafted ‘Impeach Obama’ billboards, such as the one put up along Hwy. 41 in Oshkosh, WI reported on back in 2010. They were focused on Obama’s economic policies and their impact on small businesses.
The five core reasons for impeachment proceedings to be launched can be summarized as follows;
1) Despite promising otherwise, Barack Obama committed U.S. military resources to overthrow Libyan leader Colonel Gaddafi without any kind of congressional authorization whatsoever and without citing any evidence that Libya under Gaddafi was a threat to the security of the United States. Furthermore, Obama brazenly undermined the power of Congress by insisting his authority came from the United Nations Security Council and that Congressional approval was not necessary. “I don’t even have to get to the Constitutional question,” Obama churlishly remarked.
2) On New Years Eve 2011, Obama signed into law the National Defense Authorization Act which includes provisions that permit the abduction and military detention without trial of U.S. citizens. Despite Obama claiming he would not use the provisions to incarcerate U.S. citizens, it was his administration that specifically demanded these powers be included in the final NDAA bill.
3) The passage of the Obamacare bill, under which Americans will be forced to buy health insurance, is clearly anathema to the Constitution. “The individual mandate is unprecedented and exceeds Congress’s power to regulate interstate commerce. If it is allowed to stand, Congress will be able to impose any kind of economic mandate as part of any kind of national regulatory scheme,” writes Ilya Shapiro, a Senior Fellow in Constitutional Studies, Cato Institute.
4) Obama’s role in the economic looting of America since he took office is unprecedented. Specifically, Obama violated the Constitution’s Takings and Due Process Clauses when he bullied the secured creditors of automaker Chrysler into accepting 30 cents on the dollar while politically connected labor unions and preferential others received better deals.
5) Finally, Obama’s use of signing statements shows his desire to continue in the vein of George W. Bush and rule by executive fiat. This is a direct violation of Article II of the Constitution.