Paul Joseph Watson
Monday, January 5, 2008
Medics have found traces of depleted uranium in victims of Israel’s brutal attack on Gaza, according to a Press TV report, meaning the ultimate death toll could be far higher as future generations are plagued by cancers and birth defects.
“Norwegian medics told Press TV correspondent Akram al-Sattari that some of the victims who have been wounded since Israel began its attacks on the Gaza Strip on December 27 have traces of depleted uranium in their bodies,” states the article.
Following the conclusion of the first Gulf War in 1991, in which depleted uranium was used by U.S. forces, cancers and birth defects in Iraq soared and many veterans organizations agree that the weapon was responsible for the emergence of Gulf War Syndrome that has plagued hundreds of thousands of Gulf War veterans.
Depleted uranium shell holes at the infamous Highway of Death in Iraq showed measurements 1,000 times more radioactive than background radiation. The residue of a DU weapon can be spread by the wind and infect humans not in the immediate area as well as the entire food chain.
The image below shows some of the shocking effects of depleted uranium and how its use leads to horrific birth defects.
In 1999, the UN called for the use of depleted uranium to be banned worldwide but efforts to downplay its effects led by the Pentagon have blocked such a ban.
Former head of the Pentagon’s 1994 U.S. Army Depleted Uranium Project Maj. Doug Rokke has faced constant harassment, including murder attempts, after going public in 1997 to expose the health effects from depleted uranium that the U.S. government and the World Health Organization have consistently dismissed.
Israel’s use of depleted uranium against victims of the Gaza bombing campaign provides further evidence that war crimes are being committed with the tacit approval of both the current administration as well as president elect Barack Obama.
Research related articles:
- Israel warns Gaza blitz could last weeks (15.404)
- ‘Key Ally In The War On Terror’ Breaks With U.S., Condemns Israel For Gaza Strikes (15.371)
- EU presidency: Israel ground op in Gaza ‘defensive not offensive’ (14.982)
- Israel rains fire on Gaza with phosphorus shells (14.873)
- Israel Tightens Its Grip On Gaza (14.712)
- Why Israel is Attacking Gaza Now: “They Want It To Be Over Before The Next Administration Comes In” (14.407)
- Diplomats converge on Israel in push for truce as Gaza death toll mounts (14.317)
- Israel launches fresh strikes on Gaza (14.219)
- Israel to mount emergency international PR effort in wake of Gaza campaign (13.971)
- Israel mulls truce proposals as jets pound Gaza (13.9)
- Israel Sends Ground Troops into Gaza (12.659)
- How Israel tricked Hamas before launching Gaza strikes (12.341)
We are now accepting pre-orders for our healthy and delicious storable food. Stock up today!