Alastair Jamieson and msnbc.com news services
April 27, 2012
Yet another blow to the Fried Chicken giant.
Fast-food chain KFC has been ordered to pay $8.3 million (AUS$8 million) in damages to the family of an Australian girl who was left severely brain damaged and in a wheelchair after being poisoned by a chicken meal.
In 2005, Monika Samaan, then aged seven, her parents and her brother were hospitalized with salmonella poisoning after eating a “Twister” chicken wrap at a KFC restaurant near Sydney.
KFC, owned by Kentucky-based Yum! Brands, said it was a tragic case but was “deeply disappointed and surprised by the decision” and would appeal against it.
Our nutrient-dense formula, Vasobeet, is now back in stock at 50% off with double Patriot Points and free shipping!