November 23, 2012
A section of York County Prison in Pennsylvania remained off limits to inmates Friday after nearly 50 prisoners were hospitalized with what appears to be carbon monoxide poisoning, county officials told the Los Angeles Times.
On Wednesday night, 49 female inmates were taken to the hospital after showing symptoms related breathing in the colorless, odorless gas.
Prison officials believe the gas came from a leak in that unit’s heating, ventilation and air conditioning system. The unit was shut down and the area was ventilated Wednesday and Thursday.
The Reopen America Back to School Special is now live! Earn double Patriot Points on our hottest items!