Kurt Nimmo
Infowars.com
June 8, 2010

According to an Angus Reid poll conducted from May 29 to May 30, 2010, most Americans believe the tension between South and North Korea will probably erupt into full-blown war within a year.

16 percent of respondents of an online survey of a representative national sample said it is “very likely” that a war will break out between the two Koreas in the next year, and 43 per cent think this possibility is “moderately likely.”

The ROKS Cheonan. China and Russia have serious questions about the official version that the warship was sunk by North Korea.

Nearly half of the respondents would support U.S. troops stationed in South Korea (currently around 28,000) assisting the Seoul government in the event of an invasion by the North. A similar number (47 percent) would oppose an invasion of North Korea.

Polling of who is and who is not a “freind” of the United States is shaped by years of government and corporate media propaganda. Two thirds (67%) consider North Korea and an enemy along with Iran (69%), Pakistan (39%), Libya (37%), Saudi Arabia (27%), and Venezuela (26%). None of these nations pose a threat to the people of the United States.

In 1953, the CIA overthrew the democratically elected government of Iran. On April 15, 1986, then president Ronald Reagan bombed Libya and killed the daughter of its leader (the Israeli Mossad had tricked the U.S. into attacking Libya). The U.S. violates Pakistan’s national sovereignty on a daily basis and kills its citizens with Predator drones. The CIA has attempted to depose and assassinate Venezuela’s Hugo Chávez, a democratically elected leader. The U.S. government has worked closely with Saudi Arabia and used its territory to invade a neighboring country.

  • A d v e r t i s e m e n t
  • {openx:49}

The corporate media refuses to report evidence that the sinking of the South Korean warship Cheonan may in fact be a false flag attack. North Korea, China, and Russia have all raised questions about the official version of the sinking. “Investigative journalist Wayne Madsen suspects a false flag, manufactured to blame the North. So does Beijing after Kim Jong Il’s hurried visit to explain as well as Seoul’s unconvincing, contradictory story. Russian Foreign Minister Sergey Lavrov also expressed doubts about South Korea’s account, and wants independent verification of the evidence,” writes Stephen Lendman.

“The Cheonan [navy corvette] was sunk by this torpedo that was later to be discovered to have been of German manufacture. Germany said it sells no military weapons to North Korea. This thing is starting to look like a classic false flag operation,” Madsen told Russia Today last month.

The people of South Korea are not interested in war with the North. Pre-election polls reveal many South Koreans “are more concerned about maintaining peace than with teaching [North Korea’s Kim Jong Il] a lesson” in the wake of the suspicious sinking of the Cheonan, reports the Washington Post. “In interviews over the past two weeks, many said their desperately poor and heavily armed northern neighbor is too dangerous and too bizarrely governed to challenge overtly.”

Around 250,000 South Koreans died during the last war on the peninsula, according to revised research conducted by the Truth Commission on Civilian Massacre in the Korean War. Other estimates put the number at 415,000. Including the North Korea, the total number of civilians killed during the conflict may exceed 3 million. South Koreans obviously do not wish to repeat this experience, especially with the presence of nuclear weapons in North and presumably South Korea.

Boost your vitamin D intake today with Winter Sun Plus now at 50% off!


Related Articles


Comments